Sensible...

delphiaddict

Still Fresh
Anyone got this up and running yet on Castaway? For me, it loads the first disk then shows a picture prompting for disk 2 but even though I assigned the image to B it doesn't load. Bad Image perhaps?

On another note I just had a great game of Speedball 2 and it looks and plays fantastic. This machine is a real gem. I can't imagine how many more sales it would attract if people just knew about it!

delphiaddict posted on May 1 2003 said:
Anyone got this up and running yet on Castaway? For me, it loads the first disk then shows a picture prompting for disk 2 but even though I assigned the image to B it doesn't load. Bad Image perhaps?

On another note I just had a great game of Speedball 2 and it looks and plays fantastic. This machine is a real gem. I can't imagine how many more sales it would attract if people just knew about it!
Good to hear Speedball is going; I remember loving it when I was a kid, but I don't recall how to play it now :p

Shit, I gotta try some strategy games.. anyone remember Breach and Breach 2 and all that?

Is Sensible smart enough to check drive B or does it require both disdks to go through drive A? I will be adding an "eject" system to let you pop out a disk, and then insert another one into the same drive. Then things like that might be okay.

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, I did some more testing on Sensible Soccer 1.2 this morning:

disk image works fine. there seems to be a problem with using the joystick causing the game to crash. cannot confirm if this is the cracked single disk version or if it will occur with the two disk version... :unsure:

after the game/emu going into screen flash mode, the joystick does not work any more. have to restart the GP32. :(

any ideas jeff?

matt

I played Spindizzy and Rick Dangerous on the train this morning and I had an excellent time!
The train had to stop for 20 minutes because of some railway problems, but I was perfectly
happy about it! :D

I compared Rick Dangerous ST with the GP32 port , and castaway really plays it spot-on
perfect. The "AARGH!" sound really is the only thing that's missing. :D
On the other hand, with jumping mapped on the A button, gameplay is even superior !
Frodo developers should think about this too, since it's the same problem there. I stopped
playing "Giana Sisters" on it, just because it is so annoying to perform pixel-perfect jumps with
the D-Pad.

Back