Sententia - Gp2x Game

I have decided on a name! Thanks to everyone who submitted ideas, but I decided to use 'Torikae'. It is Japanese for 'swap', and I think it sounds quite cool. I have also started redesigning the game:

torikae0jq.png

DaveC posted on Sep 9 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
Kojote posted on Sep 9 2005 at 07:17 PM said:
the newspost in front of gp32x is just ... :) i mean why should i show some screens as long as there is nothing done yet? i could also post project graphics adjusted for gp2x as gianas return and xump 2x ...

i don't see a point in hyping something which isn't available in binary form yet...

this should be no offense :) i like the idea/graphics :)

I agree.

I noticed that "Scoopex" thing is the sig. I think I remember those guys from the Amiga, they used to make awesome hacker demos I think like Red Sector did and stuff is that right?

I wonder if they would ever make some intros for the GP32 or GP2X. I think that was one thing lacking on the GP32 was scene demos. There are a few but not as much as I would think.

Demos would rock. Really gives coders a chance to push the hardware without having to also worry about gameplay. Which in turn inspires ideas for graphics/audio techniques to use in games. Closest thing GP32 had to demos IMO were Franz Lankes' games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to the game, seeing as how you have already done a Sudoku game for the GP32 will you be doing one for the GPX2?

I bought Bejeweled for almost every handheld I've ever had: Palm, Windows Mobile, P910i etc...
I've also the PC version (no, not the MSN one)...

So I'm quite sure Torikae will become a must have for me.

Now, the GP2X doesn't have a touch screen, but I'm sure it will be playable with the joypad as well.

I love this project! :wub:

I just thought I should update people on the situation:

I'm not sure how soon I will be able to afford a GP2X (university costs a lot!). So don't be surprised if it isn't available as soon as the GP2X is.

I'm definitely not wanting donations, though. I don't think too highly of devs who ask for donations when they have promised that a game will be free.

Back