Sentinel

Website
Visit site
Hi all,

I read here that 3D games are missing on gp2x, ok, no matter, I love Atari 2600 games ! ;) but there's one particular 3D game I loved because of his strange concept, it 's named Sentinel.
I'm sure you remenber it, and it surely be awesome to have a good gp2x remake of this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sentinel_(computer_game)

If someone can do that, I'll be at your knees for the rest of my life !

Emulation is fine, off course, but I think a good remake with weird colorful texture and creepy ambiant sounds will be so much better than the old 8bit version.
"Ruck-Man" is a very good remake of Pac-man with new features, so we can have good remake for gp2x.
This game is so unique, I can play hours without blinking my eyes :D
It's just an idea for 3D coders, it does not seems to be so difficult to code, but I'am not a coder, and will probably never be one.
Nevermind, if nobody share my passion for Sentinel, emulation is still here.

I agree an extended remake would be interesting, but the original is still pretty cool. Have you tried the real original - the BBC version - should run OK in beebem... Written by Geoff Crammond, ISTR...

or you could try the zx version on hermes & metalbrain's gp2xpectrum
a little bit nicer and "pixelated" than the c64 version

awesome game, proper freaky and dark.

i had a good version on my SE W810 called sentry.

it's about the most simple use of 3d out there, dont know of any opensource versions though.

prime contender for a next gen remake, i reckon there's room there for a good multiplay mode :)

/ponders/

icurafu said:
I had this game on my C64. It just confused me. I had no idea what to do, kinda creepy.
I have always liked the look of this game and wanted to get into it but like icurafu, it baffles me. Agree that a remake would be great though as maybe i will finally be able to 'get' it.

Last edited by a moderator:
for everyone who doesn't "get" the game: read the wikipedia article on it posted above! it's explaining it quite well. I think there are a lot of freeware remakes of it out there. Sadly, all the ones linked on wikipedia are closed source and made with directx but an email to the devs might get someone keen enough the sourcecode. There's got to be an opensource version out there somewhere.

WhizzBang said:
icurafu said:
I had this game on my C64. It just confused me. I had no idea what to do, kinda creepy.
I have always liked the look of this game and wanted to get into it but like icurafu, it baffles me. Agree that a remake would be great though as maybe i will finally be able to 'get' it.

I was in primary last time I played this game. What makes this game so retro is that it's difficult to understand without a manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back