Serious Problem

andyhamer

I am very sorry to all here for my frequent posts, not quite sure why i'm having as many issues as i am.. i build custom PC's for pete's sake.. anyway launched Scumm played a bit quit it, and the Pandora seemed to crash (black screen) now when i try to switch on, the pandora goes through the boot process as normal, as soon as the desktop has finished loading it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen for 1-2 seconds and then it shuts down i have tried several times & removed the battery for a couple of minutes, still no change.

Help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't envy you, my good sir. You seem to have a lot of bad luck with your Pandora.

That sounds like a hardware problem to me, unfortunately.

Dead battery? Tried charging?

Might I suggest trying test mode? Plug the unit into the charger with no battery installed. Remember, don't switch the battery in or out if you are connected to the charger.

as soon as the desktop has finished loading it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen for 1-2 seconds and then it shuts down i have tried several times & removed the battery for a couple of minutes, still no change.
That's the battery monitor kicking in and detecting it is below acceptable levels. Plug it into AC and see if that lets it boot up, and check the battery percentage when it does.

Sorry to see you having so many problems. I hope you don't have to RMA it. If it helps I had to send my first one back without getting to play with it at all. I think a disgruntled UPS employee punt kicked mine. At least you get to enjoy yours between frustrations..?

IMO, playing in between frustrations is far worse than not playing at all, because it's a total cock tease.

For example, a hot chick that you fancy tells you that she wants to f*ck you ASAP, but then your dick suddenly goes limp due to heavy alcohol consumption.

Back