Setting Up Sdk In Codeblocks On Ubuntu

frostbyte87

Still Fresh
Hi

I'm pretty sure this has been explained before, but I've been searching and reading a lot of posts and I've read the included documents in the official SDK, but I just don't get how to set up and compile anything. I would really like some help.

How do I setup Codeblocks so that I can compile, in Ubuntu 10.04.3?

I've been programming in Java almost exclusively for close to 4 years, so all this setting up compiler and linker business is darn confusing! :unsure:

I too would like some detailed and clearly defined instructions on how to accomplish this. Every attempt I've made at this has ended in failure. I'm not sure what I've been doing wrong, but... It's frustrating having an Angstrom Repo that is so far outpaced the version in the Pandora. Thus, not being able to easily compile the libraries I need. There would be a metric ass ton of applications I would port, if I could get a stable dev environment going. It's a crying shame a detailed how-to isn't on the wiki yet.

I have tried to setup and use codeblocks according to the gph instructions too, seems to work here (arch linux x64).
When I start to develop an own program I would use codeblocks, but not for porting.

The program I am trying to port is requiring some additional libraries and is using own complex "Makefile"s.
I was not able to get codeblocks exporting some variables as arguments to the Makefile so I just use
the console/terminal and some bash scripts with path specific settings which works fine for me.
Compiling the libraries were just a matter of using the right ./configure arguments and path settings plus ldflags,cflags,..
or editing the Makefile.
As an editor I use mcedit/vim.

Back