Pandora SFML on pandora ?

Reyhn

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I'm wondering if a port of SFML to the pandora would be possible ?

SFML is a really good multimedia library (video, audio, network ...) designed for creating video games.

It is open source and multiplatform (linux, windows and mac), and it uses OpenGL. I'm not much into OpenGL but the Pandora only has OpenGLES right ?

So basically the "only" thing to change is the rendering part which uses OpenGL. I know it can necessit a lot of efforts but my question is : is it feasable ?

Would someone do it ? :ph34r:

SFML is way faster than SDL so I think it could be a good thing to have it on the Pandora for perfomance issues, plus it's really easy to use even for non experienced programmers :p

Transferring anything from OpenGL to GLES is a chore - there is quite a bit you cannot do in GLES, and a lot of stuff that is done differently. Even if you could find someone who knew how to port it, they would probably be working on other projects that need such porting. So, in all likelyhood, if you want this ported over, you'd have to do it yourself.

At least, it would be a learning experience.

Huh, thanks.

It seems we'll have to wait until SFML 2.0 is ready before any port to GL ES is engaged.

Back