should i buy a Zodiac?

duffman

Still Fresh
my GP32 FLU has just broken and im in the process of trying to get it repaired or buy a new one but ive suddenly been tempted by the Zodiac.

the zodiac looks great, with full speed 16-bit emulation aswell as 3D games, but its a little pricey

does anyone own both? what are your opinions on them (well i know about the GP32, as i had it for a whole 2 weeks before i broke it :rolleyes: )

whats the zodiacs video and mp3 playing like?

bear in mind i dont have that much money and im saving for other stuff aswell

thanks in advance

zodiac looks great (potential) but it's still early + rough.
you should go over to the fansite ( www.zodiacgamer.com ) and sniff around those boards a bit. (they are generally not very GP32 friendly, but...)

anyway, the thing is JUST released and it's having a few annoying problems, it looks like people are not happy with how it's coming along so far (bear in mind like I said - it's early yet) But if money is an issue you should DEFINITELY wait.

if you can get cheap repairs for your GP32 (???) then go for that, otherwise maybe you should stick to emulating on your PC for the meantime!!! Good luck.

iv been researching getting 1 for the past few days as i have the cash here ready 4 1. but to be honest, the emulation is much better on the gamepark at the moment (even nes and sms are better on the gamepark, and u have to pay for those emus on the zodiac). it will get better but id hold on until it does.

Also there is a problem with the analogue stick on around 50% of the consoles and they need to be replaced. Id also wait until tapwave hav sorted this problem.

also, you would need to buy from someone in america as they are not shipping out of the us yet.

I will get one once the analogue pad problem is fixed. if you want my honest opinion, id suggest u do the same. the gp32 is still where its at at the moment.

read through the http://www.zodiacgamer.com/ forums and u will probly come to the same conclusion that i have.

Hope this helps! B)

I don't really see what more it has to offer. It has very few emulators at the moment (NES, SMS, Atari ST), most of which you have to pay for. It has some good looking games, although I have read reviews which say they are pretty awful. It has enough power to get perfect SNES, although no emulators are out yet. Now the GP32 has very, very good SNES, anyway. What else could the Zodiac do that the GP can't? If it got playstation emulation, that would be another matter, but I doubt that will happen.

zodiac is cool cause it has all that serious Palm stuff (stylus etc). if that;s your thing I can see how it would be appealing.... me, I don't care. I just want to play games, and GP32 does that in spades.

thanx for the responses, youve basically saved my faith in GP32 :D although i will be researching the zodiac a bit more as you lot might be just a little bit biased :p

now i have to continue the task of sorting out my GP32

if youre worried about having to pay for good emu's than worry no longer because yoyo said he was going to port it to zodiac.

Back