Should I Return My Gp2x?

garteth

Website
Visit site
right, I have one of the first edition gp2xs, ordered around 21st of september. It arrived and worked fine with the first firmware no flickering or anything that I could see but it seems after upgrading to any later firmwares I get either flickering or diagonal lines. I have tried tweaking it with the CPU/LCD tweaker, the best setting seemed to be UPLL -3 but this leaves a whiteline at the side of my lcd screen and the flicker is still there albeit a little bit better. The flicker is a lot more noticeable in gngeo on the green startup screen. I don't know if this is a firmware or hardware problem but it seems unfixable atm. Any ideas welcome

thanks

I'd say that if it happened after a firmware update it's certainly a firmware problem. Try firmware 1.1.0, my first ed unit works just fine with that.

garteth posted on Feb 9 2006 at 01:54 PM said:
right, I have one of the first edition gp2xs, ordered around 21st of september. It arrived and worked fine with the first firmware no flickering or anything that I could see but it seems after upgrading to any later firmwares I get either flickering or diagonal lines. I have tried tweaking it with the CPU/LCD tweaker, the best setting seemed to be UPLL -3 but this leaves a whiteline at the side of my lcd screen and the flicker is still there albeit a little bit better. The flicker is a lot more noticeable in gngeo on the green startup screen. I don't know if this is a firmware or hardware problem but it seems unfixable atm. Any ideas welcome

thanks

I dont remember the settings, but Iorgy77 suggested a good way to set the LCD so you get very little flickering. After entering the tweaker, press B once and volume+ twice, then select to exit the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhiteFalcon posted on Feb 9 2006 at 01:30 PM said:
garteth posted on Feb 9 2006 at 01:54 PM said:

thanks

I dont remember the settings, but Iorgy77 suggested a good way to set the LCD so you get very little flickering. After entering the tweaker, press B once and volume+ twice, then select to exit the app.
this is UPLL +2, anyway I prefer UPLL 0

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried all those settings and I still get a flicker or some kind of shimmering effect on the screen, I dont know if this is a flicker but it is quite annoying.

Just thought i'd tell everyone that I managed to get rid of the flickering by downgrading to the 1.01 firmware, I still don't know if this means it's a software or hardware problem but my gp2x is now useable. I had to borrow an sd card to downgrade as my sd card doesnt support firmware updates.

you havent really told us which firmware version you were using to start with. Mabye 1.2.1 would help, who knows? Give more info for a better solution. :)

EDIT: mabye this post should have been in the help section too!

Back