Should I get a new Gamepark?

• No - stick with the nonlit one you have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Get a FLU

• Yes - Get a BLU

• Total voters

Damn, I didn't think that would be a problem with the backlight on. How well does the BLU look in a room with the blinds (But without the sun shining in light directly into the room through the blinds, as in, if you look out the window from the room, you wouldn't see the sun) open on a sunny day?

Azure posted on Jul 18 2004 at 07:13 AM said:
Damn, I didn't think that would be a problem with the backlight on. How well does the BLU look in a room with the blinds (But without the sun shining in light directly into the room through the blinds, as in, if you look out the window from the room, you wouldn't see the sun) open on a sunny day?
In that kind of situation the screen would be bright and clear. It's really only in direct sunlight that it seems to suffer, and then you can see the screen, it just looks crap. It's only really possible to play indoors though, or on a dim day to be honest. I play indoors all the time though so it's good for me :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozer posted on Jul 18 2004 at 07:44 AM said:
In that kind of situation the screen would be bright and clear. It's really only in direct sunlight that it seems to suffer, and then you can see the screen, it just looks crap. It's only really possible to play indoors though, or on a dim day to be honest. I play indoors all the time though so it's good for me :).
Does the replacement screen thingy from GBAx rectify this?

devlkore posted on Jul 18 2004 at 07:54 AM said:
Nope. It's most likely not as bad as I'm making out. All it means is that the colours are muddy bright sunlight, it happens on all screens like this.

Dozer posted on Jul 18 2004 at 08:19 AM said:
devlkore posted on Jul 18 2004 at 07:54 AM said:
Nope. It's most likely not as bad as I'm making out. All it means is that the colours are muddy bright sunlight, it happens on all screens like this.
So is it any worse than a gameboy colour in the sunlight?

Erm, I can't really remember what a gbc looks like really. I doubt it though, as the gbc should be good in sunlight as it has a reflective screen. Just find a non reflective screen. Most colour mobile phones with backlights should be a good comparison.

Wait..... what i thought I once knew is now confusing me...... Does the BLU's screen look as bad as, say, the GameGear's does when it's taken outside? If it does then I'm sure I'd never want a BLU. If it's more comparable to the Lynx's screen when viewed outside, I might not mind it (Lynx's screen can still be seen outside if placed in shadow, but GameGear's screen looks bad on a sunny day even just inside with the window open).

No I don't think it's that bad. It's just in bright sunlight it's not very playable. Anywhere that doesn't have direct beams of light shining on the screen should be fine to start playin.

:blink:

And how good is it when venus is in conjunction with the moon, and your sister's boyfriends sister's flatmate's dog is on heat.....?

Gotta cover everything!

:p

Just wanted to ask this part again since I think it was generally overlooked in my first post:

What would a CIB, good condition, nonlit, gamepark go for?

rcr0412 posted on Jul 19 2004 at 03:41 PM said:
if you order the blu from lik sang you just ask them to lower import tax and they will ?
Exactly ;)

it's as simple as a mail :)

Tidus posted on Jul 19 2004 at 06:04 PM said:
if you order the blu from lik sang you just ask them to lower import tax and they will ?
Exactly ;)

Wrong.
When I received my FLU in France, I payed 57 euros of taxes, and yet I asked Liksang to lower import tax but they didn't.

It surely works sometimes, but surely not everytime. ;)

Drumaster posted on Jul 19 2004 at 06:13 PM said:
Exactly ;)

Wrong.
When I received my FLU in France, I payed 57 euros of taxes, and yet I asked Liksang to lower import tax but they didn't.

I ordered them one Flu & I also live in France ;p so it obviously need abit of luck, but in my case Liksang have really make the price more than half less than in real, which of course means that it can pass customs more easily :)

Tidus posted on Jul 19 2004 at 10:22 PM said:
Drumaster posted on Jul 19 2004 at 06:13 PM said:
Exactly ;)

Wrong.

I ordered them one Flu & I also live in France ;p so it obviously need abit of luck, but in my case Liksang have really make the price more than half less than in real, which of course means that it can pass customs more easily :)
You so lucky! ;)

Well, I finally was able to sell my Gamepark, and I am glad to say it's going to a good home (a friend of mine) and I am now gonna get a a BLU soon :)

I am very dissapointed with the BLU. IT is sooooo bright, U can barely see the boot up screen...You basically need to PLAY IN THE DARK to play it, but I was hoping for much better graphics and since they are all washed out in light, the graphix suck.
Also, the screen is almost black without the light turned on.
The only plus is the utilities disc and being able to choose "enlish" on the BLu.
:ph34r:

CrazyDesi posted on Jul 17 2004 at 06:16 PM said:
We are all trying to see if Lik-Sang is lieing or is telling the truth. Hopefully when people get it they will post how fast it goes. For now look at this thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=12489
they're false advertising

their banners say 166mhz gp32blu...but on the actual blu page it says up2 166mhz...wich means your likily below 166 but have potential to reach 166(though may not be reliable performace at this speed)

i'm pretty sure when i first put those korean batteries in it oced to 166 w/o sound

but recently i got 150 with low battery power....though i only messed around with it yesterday and a few hrs today

Back