Sim City Anyone?

Opps, I didnt actually read the link, Just searched google and used the first link :) Must be that OpenTTD then because I have it on the xbox.

Wow, what a way to waste your megahertz! Then again, it's better than using it as a door stop!

I would love to see things like Theme Hospital on the GP2X... boy was that a fun but pointless game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sim City 2000 was released for the SNES and was a very good conversion too.

The Original Sim City on the SNES was reprogrammed by imagineer in japan and was a definite improvment over the original with nice BGM and was a little more user friendly with little cartoon sequences.

Both should run 100% on a decent gp2x snes emu.

There's a SimCity clone called LinCity that could probably be ported to the GP2X. It's more along the lines of the original and the graphics are a little dated but it would provide the foundation for a "graphically enhanced" version if someone wanted to do something with it. Someone has to want to port it, though. Why not take a stab at it, sbreckling?

There is a project to make better graphics already named "lincity-ng": http://lincity-ng.berlios.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

LinCity-ng looks awesome, but I don't think it would be very playable at 320x240. The dated graphics of the original are actually well suited to QVGA.

LinCity-ng DOES look awesome. I might have to install that on my laptop.

omg, it looks better than sim city 4! :blink:
/happy

edit: oh and the main problem with ST simcity was the lack of bgm
simcity needs its elevator music

lincity2lk.jpg
openttd9eg.jpg
:(

I think lincity-ng looks nice at this resolution. You can't see the menu-icons and can't read the text from the help but you can arrange the menu differently and make the help fullscreen. Shouldn't be a problem with "a bit" work.

i would really like to port OpenTTD to GP2X.
OpenTTD already works on Linux and is run by SDL.
But I'm still newb at SDL :(

I downloaded the source last night, but was too distracted by my female house mates having an Anne Summers party to get much work done looking at how difficult it would be to port... its surprisingly hard to get anything done when women are knocking on your room door waving dildo's trying to embarress you and trying to force you to model boxers for them by chanting :huh:

whoever said lots of women is a mans dream is highly mistaken, its a nightmare :eek:

anyways, provided it sticks to SDL well I cant see there being too much of a problem with an OpenTTD port, but a fair bit of work will need to be done to get the menu's and dialogs scaled up and stuff... and of course any platform independant code needs doing etc...

I downloaded the source last night, but was too distracted by my female house mates having an Anne Summers party to get much work done looking at how difficult it would be to port... its surprisingly hard to get anything done when women are knocking on your room door waving dildo's trying to embarress you and trying to force you to model boxers for them by chanting :huh:

whoever said lots of women is a mans dream is highly mistaken, its a nightmare :eek:

anyways, provided it sticks to SDL well I cant see there being too much of a problem with an OpenTTD port, but a fair bit of work will need to be done to get the menu's and dialogs scaled up and stuff... and of course any platform independant code needs doing etc...
Okay okay. Don't wave that in our faces.

OpenTTD has been ported to Palm OS and Pocket PC; for Pocket PC I know it runs in VGA, but I think theres also a hvga version so I expect most of the work is already done; shoudl be a cakewalk to port it.

SimCity for the ST was pretty nice; mouse based, even :)

jeff

No fair, I had to leave the house for the night when the girlfriend hosted one! :angry: :p

No fair, I had to leave the house for the night when the girlfriend hosted one! :angry: :p

well, this is my house too, i share with 3 women... and thank yourself lucky!

Think yourself lucky! A group of women feeling 'sexualy empowered' ie at an ann summers party or a hen night is a nightmare for any man in taunting/baiting range.

your damn straight there, sat peacefully in my room trying to get some work done, knock at door... 2 women one who i know waving a dildo asking if i've got batterys, so when i say yeah sure they start shoving it in my face... obviously just trying to make me blush... lol...

then you get 12 women trying to get you to model some boxers, you know fully well if they dont get you before hand they're going to be pulling them down and giggling and laughing at you... women... pfft... they say guys are bad in groups, women are WAY worse... they managed to break the toilet and a bed pissing around... the worst me and my mates do in mass groups is just get so pissed we come home with random signs and collapse the first place theres not something sharp... :lol:

Back