Small Usb Question

thumpgun

Zombie club life member
Website
Visit site
can the mini usb connection on the right side of the gp2x be used for any other purpose ,rather than just connecting to the pc for accessing the memory.....i was thinking a gamepad connection or extra buttons connected using a usb lead for duke nukem ?..... :blink: ....beat me if im talking rubbish here...lol :D

Don't think so, it's peripheral- rather than host-USB, unless there's some clever way to hack it in software. Pretty sure you need to go through the EXT port though.

the mini usb connection at the side is connected to a netchip 2272, which is a slave only usb chip - you can't connect joystick or anything to it, they have to be connected to the ext port.

You can mod the usb connector so that it would connect directly to the ext port, but it wouldn't work for connecting to the pc anymore unless you had some kind of switch on the lines, which may then cause interference which would have to be filtered out.

Is it just missing power, or is the driver different in some way to the ext port one?
I don't use usb in my embedded designs - have always found in the past that linux support was severely lacking.. may be worth revisiting.

EDIT:
Mmmm.. found the netchip 2272 dev pdf - but can't say I know the difference between slave & master usb - I thought it was just lacking the power lines..

Back