Smallest Usb Webcam?

paolo

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Pandora could came handy in using it as a camcorder... as long you don't have to use a webcam with 1,5 meter cable.. Do someone know if there exist some pendrive-sized usb cameras (with mic)? would be great!!

Do you particularly want a USB one? There are some very small SDIO cameras about. Don't know about the mic, but the Pandora also has one built in.

SteveM said:
Do you particularly want a USB one? There are some very small SDIO cameras about. Don't know about the mic, but the Pandora also has one built in.

amazing!! I didn't knew about sdio cameras :)

672px-HP_PhotoSmart_SDIO_Kamera.jpg

while a good usb micro camera seems this alike
438599vb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
arent there even smaller phedophile-spy-cams that are so small that u can put in on you, without nobody notivin it?

Kloplop321 said:
can you provide some links to those? :)
found the HP one, it is $65 :(

well, then shouldn't be more than 45€, but let me say you pay the geekiness more than the megapixels :) Also the psp quickcam had a similar cost, and the same image quality.. but this HP is smaller!

Crasherball said:
arent there even smaller phedophile-spy-cams that are so small that u can put in on you, without nobody notivin it?
Chris Hansen would like you to have a seat.

Crasherball said:
Where do you come out from? :angry: Damn.. this must be a sign of the times.. One days of these we will se on tv public marches against pedo-discrimination... bah As I always say "wanna go to live in the Svalbards"

Search eBay for:

usb driverless webcam

"driverless" webcams seem to be more likely to work out-of-box with Linux. At least I have had good luck with them.

Merchants should be happy to test their webcam on Linux before selling it to you.
Even if the webcam is not "driverless", there's still a good chance that a Linux driver exists for it.

Here's a cheap usb pinhole webcam that works on Linux.
But the resolution is not spectacular.

ux_a08022600ux0112_ux_n.jpg

BazaarIdea said:
Search eBay for:

usb driverless webcam

"driverless" webcams seem to be more likely to work out-of-box with Linux. At least I have had good luck with them.

Merchants should be happy to test their webcam on Linux before selling it to you.
Even if the webcam is not "driverless", there's still a good chance that a Linux driver exists for it.

Here's a cheap usb pinhole webcam that works on Linux.
But the resolution is not spectacular.

ux_a08022600ux0112_ux_n.jpg

I WISH I HAD KNOWN OF THOSE A LONG TIME AGO! :blink:
</caps>
All the listings seem to come from Ebay, but Hey, that seems awesome :) Thanks 'BazaarIdea'

ish420 said:
how about the PSP's gocam? Can that thing work?
That Go!Cam has 1.3 megapixels.
Mounts atop the PSP by connecting to the mini-USB port.
Can it be connected to a regular USB port on a PC ?

It has more things involved, sony has the PSP set in hardware to be a client connection, meaning the send and receive are switched, and it has a different initiation, so I don't think it will work on the computer at all.

Back