Snes Emulation Websites

CORRUPT27

Still Fresh
I cant find a good website that will tell me the status of emulation and what games work on the GP2X. How good is the SNES emulation on the GP2X? Does it play Mario RPG at full speed?
Please let me know of any good websites that have a list of compatable mame games.
Thank you.

Shikaku posted on Jul 14 2006 at 09:37 AM said:

the problem is that wiki is not even close to up to date as far as emulator status. When I was looking into the same thing I saw it only listed about 20-30 games for snes and most of those it had as "not working" or "barely working". I assumed SNES wasn't very far along and bought my gp2x with that understanding. Reality is that almost all games work, and most are playable, many at a good FPS. That was a decent suprise for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bigdaddy posted on Jul 14 2006 at 03:54 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Jul 14 2006 at 09:37 AM said:

the problem is that wiki is not even close to up to date as far as emulator status. When I was looking into the same thing I saw it only listed about 20-30 games for snes and most of those it had as "not working" or "barely working". I assumed SNES wasn't very far along and bought my gp2x with that understanding. Reality is that almost all games work, and most are playable, many at a good FPS. That was a decent suprise for me.
You can always update it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with compatibility lists is that the people that would actually use them don't bother updating them.

I, for one, have no use for a compatibility list for the most part. I just try games myself. If they don't work, I just delete them, or look for another dump if it's an important game to me.

Also - I believe that MarioRPG uses a special chip, so I doubt it'll work anytime soon, unfortunately.

Back