Snes9x Help...

AshenFox

Still Fresh
Website
ash-taldon.deviantart.com
for whatever reason i can't get the emulator to even run, it just goes to a black screen and sits there, gata hard reset to get back to the main system. also when i try and put the "install_libs" folder on my SD card, I get an error saying that one or more files cannot be moved; i removed the user folder from it and got it on the card fine afterwards, but when i ran the install_libs utility the screen only whent black for half a second, was wondering if thoes got installed correctly as well >..>()()()

You could try this *static* compiled version of the snes emulator. It has all of the required librarys included in the program, hence the file size of 4MB :eek:.

http://reesy.gp32x.de/snesgp2x.zip

It may work, it certainly works on mine.

Do you think we will see more movement away from having the SDL libs installed? I see that the new release of Handy has moved away from using them all together. The whole Linux lib grabbing thing does get to me after a while. Athough nothing as bad as the perl 'You need this 12 K module, no now you need this one......aaaaaaargh! :angry:

EDIT: Not very clear what I meant

I have this very same problem, i cant seem to get my GP2x to do very much right now <_<

I installed the library, when i launched it from the utility launcher it went black for a moment, then went to the video choice screen, which confused me slightly, does that mean it was a successful install?

It seems it wasnt because i used the Snes9x emulator after the install and just had a black screen and had to turn off my GP2X, any help would be greatly apreciated

i downloaded the file from the link that Reesy posted and the emulator ran fine after that. So that may fix your problem. although the games still run slow, but that might be the emu O..o(), not sure...

Back