[SOLVED] No sound/music in apps.

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I received my Pandora today from Cloudef and after having a play with the OS ans menus etc. I tried a couple of games (DinoDefense and MinedOut!) and found that these had no sound/music. I wasn't sure if it was because of something i did within the software so I downloaded NyanCat - a small app that I know (on other systems) has music. Unfortunately this plays silently too. I then tried an MP3 in Gnomeplayer. Again, silence.

Searching the forums for a solution to this issue I found that there is a codecs pack on the repo. I installed it to no avail. I restarted the system to see if a reboot would work. It didn't.

is there a sound controller in the OS (like Windows)? I couldn't find one, but I wondered if the system had been muted or the sounds were playing really, really low. And yes, I have turned the volume control wheel!

I am running Super Zaxxon Beta 4. Before I try flashing another version or re-downloading, is there something I might have missed?

Uhmm very strange, you have done all the controls i was thinking of...you could ask to Cloudef or maybe try reflashing to HF6 (at least) or better to latest superzaxxon

Click on the speaker symbol in the taskbar to see the sound controls. Make sure everything is rised up.

You can use alsamixer, too afaik.

Edit: Flashing to latest hotfix beta5a should be done anyway, as it improves quite some things.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no speaker icon in the taskbar. I looked for it, but couldn't find anything. I'll update tomorrow.

Cheers :)

[EDIT]

D'oh! Sorted - the system was muted. I honestly couldn't see the speaker for looking. Stoopid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back