Someone Had To.

I love the Castaway when running bobble bubble

Though I hate the Warez style hacked disk images

Is there any way to copy across genuine disk images?
I have DM and a couple of others I'd really love without the Hackers Intro's on.

Tarka

I like the cracker menus.. takes me back to the old demo scene days :)

Sometimes you need a cracked version of the game, as the games protection breaks the emu, or requires all kinds of painful thigns.. ie: A lot of games need you to look up words in manuals, which is the most asinine thing in the world, espeically 20 years later when we've lost the manuals... others do tricks on a floppy, so only work on a real floppy drive, etc. So cracks are needed.

However, by the same token, many cracks buggered things up and originals work better; Dungeon Master from the original works much better (which is why I've got a copy on my site..)

You can certainly rip floppies using Makedisk -- it can read or write to/from MSA images.. so you can make a floppy from a MSA disk image, or you can make a MSA from a disk. It doesn't wok in WinXP, but it does with in Win98 and the like.. I've ripped piles of my disks for use in emus.

jeff

Theres still some things I'd like to do in CaSTaway .. I may revert the FDC code to an earlier version so that formatting and writing to floppies works again, and some other minor things, but I think shes pretty damned mega solid :)

I like the cracker menus.. takes me back to the old demo scene days :)

Sometimes you need a cracked version of the game, as the games protection breaks the emu, or requires all kinds of painful thigns.. ie: A lot of games need you to look up words in manuals, which is the most asinine thing in the world, espeically 20 years later when we've lost the manuals... others do tricks on a floppy, so only work on a real floppy drive, etc. So cracks are needed.

However, by the same token, many cracks buggered things up and originals work better; Dungeon Master from the original works much better (which is why I've got a copy on my site..)

You can certainly rip floppies using Makedisk -- it can read or write to/from MSA images.. so you can make a floppy from a MSA disk image, or you can make a MSA from a disk. It doesn't wok in WinXP, but it does with in Win98 and the like.. I've ripped piles of my disks for use in emus.

jeff

Theres still some things I'd like to do in CaSTaway .. I may revert the FDC code to an earlier version so that formatting and writing to floppies works again, and some other minor things, but I think shes pretty damned mega solid :)

Hey Skeezix,

When/if Reesy gets all of the Cyclone bugs sussed out do you think it could be added to CaSTaway?

It would be super fast with that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back