Songs from CD to GP32

zboy9

かっこいいね。
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to put a music cd in your computer and somehow transfer the songs to the Gp32. On Windows Media you can copy the files to your computer but that just doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how? Thanks :rolleyes:

Yeah, it is indeed possible. There are loads of programs that do it, free and otherwise. Do a search on Google for 'Convert CD to MP3' - you'll get loads up.

You're going to want to convert a CD > MP3 (piece of cake -- check out AudioGrabber, AudioCatalyst, or one of the million other programs out there). Make sure your MP3s are not variable bit rate, and to send them to your GP32 you'll gave to convert them to 8.3 file format.

Flack

While we're mentioning ripping programs ... I use dbPowerAmp, it can convert between WMA, MP3, OGG, WAV and more through plug-ins, and can convert from CD as well.

- Rico

another vote for CDex.

the problem you're having, zboy9, is that Windows Media Player saves things in its own crappy format called WMA. what you need is to convert to MP3 instead - which CDex does quickly & well, and has caused less problems for me in the past than EAC.

--jo

Thanks for the replies. Cdex is a wonderful program, exactly what I was looking for. You guys are a life saver. :D

Back