standby/low-power mode and battery consumption

ahahah

hello

when i push the power button to the right to use the standby/low-power mode i notice that the battery consumption is still active. ok, not as quickly as if the pandora is in use but it looses 10% each time i let it in low-power mode during 8 hours.

do you have the same consumption with yours? is it a normal consumption during this mode?

so i'd prefer to power it off completely but i have been told that it is not a good thing to power it off because it can damage the device...

Wot? Yes, it does pull some current in standby mode, too. No, it won't be damaged by properly turning it off. Do it by going to the menu and selecting "logout" and the "shut down".

i have been told that it is not a good thing to power it off because it can damage the device...

They probably meant while it's on. Cutting off the power might damage it, if it's on.

You can safely power it off through the menu, or you can hold the power button for 4 seconds and it will properly shut down.

do you have the same consumption with yours? is it a normal consumption during this mode?
That seems a little high. In stand-by it should only go down about 4% in 8 hours. You should be able to put it into standby at full power and then still be able to turn it on a week later with about 10% left.
edit: also note that even when off the battery will still be used a little bit. It powers the clock. Estimates are about 3 months of "power off" before the battery needs to be recharged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mine goes down significantly less than 10% overnight. What's the power drop according to the System Info util? I often find a discrepancy between that and the system battery meter, and to be honest I trust it better of the two.

I seem to have got away with cutting the power to mine, since before I installed a few folds of paper under the battery door, it'd spontaneously reboot every time I put it in my pocket, or put it down with anything less than the most care.

since before I installed a few folds of paper under the battery door, it'd spontaneously reboot every time I put it in my pocket, or put it down with anything less than the most care.
Be careful when attempting this. I put too much paper in there and broke off one of the battery tabs. The pandora plastic is rather brittle.

Do you do something that might prevent it from powering down properly, like deactivating powersavingfeatures of the wifichip, having the usb turned on or something?

i have changed nothing.

and the wifi is disabled.

the only thing not "normal" is the use of a sd-card rather than the nand for the system. but since the pandora is in standby mode, i don't think it can have any impact.

maybe the battery is not positioned correctly?

Back