Strange battery level/charge issues

andyhamer

This doesn't seem to be causing any issues (yet) but when i shut down the unit yesterday (via the command in XFCE) i was at 96% power, when i booted up today 51% power ??, i also noticed as i am charging now that the battery jumped from about 60% to 100% in about 2min and about 10sec after i remove the power cable the battery displayed 64% anybody got any ideas what is occuring here (i did make sure it was fully charged before it's first use)

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't seem to be causing any issues (yet) but when i shut down the unit yesterday (via the command in XFCE) i was at 96% power, when i booted up today 51% power ??, i also noticed as i am charging now that the battery jumped from about 60% to 100% in about 2min and about 10sec after i remove the power cable the battery displayed 64% anybody got any ideas what is occuring here (i did make sure it was fully charged before it's first use)

Hi

I have never read here of anybody having so many issues with a Pandora.

Have you tried removing the battery from it and leaving it for while then replacing it, making sure it is

seated properly when you do so.

If that does not solve your issues I would sort out an RMA.

Make sure the battery is properly seated into metal contacts. I've heard other people having trouble reaching 100% charge when it wasn't seated properly I believe.

Hi

I have never read here of anybody having so many issues with a Pandora.

Have you tried removing the battery from it and leaving it for while then replacing it, making sure it is

seated properly when you do so.

If that does not solve your issues I would sort out an RMA.

I have done that a few times for other unrelated (or are they?) issues however if you think it will help, i will do it again.

As far as the many issues i seem to be having are concerned, i am trying (as much as i can) to eliminate the possibility of (my) human error, before i consider an RMA which is why i am posting so often (apologies all)

As those of us who have a unit can probably appreciate, the Pandora is a little bundle of joy and i want to make sure i am not abusing it & if possible resolve any small issues myself (with the forums help)

no apologies needed klaus .. you are trying your best and the purpose of this forum is to ask for help, even if some people tend to be weary of it. :(

this can be a problematic machine.

:D

Last edited:
This issue used to affect quite a few people Klaus and I surprised to see the potential best fix has not been stickied to the tweaks thread.

The problems are caused by poor contact with the battery i.e it is somewhat looser in your case than in others and needs to be helped to be more securely in position.

You can do this by inserting a folded sheet of paper or some foam, between the battery cover and on top of the battery, sometimes along the short edge of the battery aswell (the other end to the contacts), to stop lateral movement, so as to make a snug fit for the battery contacts. It should resolve the erratic charging and dramatic loss of battery levels.

If it works, you can then make the fix permanent by perhaps gluing foam onto the back of the battery cover and along that side edge of the inside of the case but you'll need to see whats required in your unit first.

Hope you get fixed up as you do seem to have had a really bad initial run of things :)

Back