Struct Help

Atari

Still Fresh
I'm trying to get my head around the use of structs, as they're going to be essential to data organization in my game, but I'm having a hard time "getting it", I guess.

My game will have four different enemies, spanning over 15 different game levels; each has different attributes that will change per level. Speed of movement, score, graph, whether they'll be firing or not based on a flag (0 or 1), frequency of appearance. Each level will also have different attributes for the powerups; frequency of appearance and speed. And finally, the objects that the player must catch will also have different attributes; speed, score, quota (number to catch per level), and frequency of appearance. I understand how basic structs work, but it appears that I'll need some sort of "multi-dimensional" struct, and how to access that data. This is where I get confused. The whole "end=data,data,data..." confuses me too.

Back in the days of BASIC, you could use DATA statements and multi-dimensional arrays to accomplish what I'd like to do. I don't want anyone to write the actual struct for me, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I've checked out the tutorials that are around the net, but I still can't seem to get my head around it.

Thanks for any help offered. It's much appreciated.

Brian

Back