GP32 Stupid Question

craigrwallace

Still Fresh
this is gonna seem stupid but when i used the devkit advance for the gba the make file looked like an old execution file. Now that im trying the gp32 dekit the make file isnt recognised by windows and when i edit it through the command prompt its just empty. Anyone able to help?

DevKitAdvance and GCC create a file with the extention .gxb. If you want to run that file on your GP32 you have to convert it to a .fxe file. The converter should come with Minigp32, or you can find it on these websites, (just go to the download section). Once you have converted the .gxb file to a .fxe file you can play it on your GP32, or using the emulator.

thanks for your reply but its the make.bat file im having trouble, with i cant edit it. im following ricos tutorials. When i run the make file it works correctly producing the gxb file as you say

Then you just need b2fxe to convert the .gxb to the .fxe format. But I think you're confused between a makefile, and a batch script to launch the compilation. The makefile tells the compiler what to do, and if you can the the .gxb file then your makefile is working fine. Now you can add someting in you makefile to convert the .gxb to a .fxe file automatically.

# Targets
all: $(TARGET)

objcopy -O binary test.exe test.gxb

b2fxe test.gxb test.fxe
or b2fxec test.gxb test.fxe

Back