SuperZaxxon on Raspberry Pi?

groovechicken

I tried searching and couldn't find any discussions about running SuperZaxxon on a Raspberry Pi. Does anyone know if this has been/can be done? My LCD cable in my Rebirth died and there are none in stock at the store... and I would like to be able to run some of my software while I wait for who knows how long. I know I can achieve the same thing by just connecting a TV out to the Pandora, but I am not sure I will be able to configure the TV out to work without a working display to set it up in the first place, and I hate to spend the money on a gamble when I already have an rpi collecting dust.

Any suggestions?

You can try to build/copy a firmwareimage and slap a raspberry kernel onto it.

Not sure it will work but worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt anything compiled specifically for the omap3's armv7 will work properly on the pi's older armv6k hardware.  Not sure what would need to be done to build SZ from scratch for the pi, I suspect it would be a nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, perhaps it would be easier to just add the ability to run PNDs to raspbian. I will have to look into some of the options if I ever get some free time. It would be a fun project even if it ends in abject failure. :D

Well, you can compile libpnd, but Pandoras PNDs will not run, the Pi's SoC is a whole ARM generation behind the Pandora.

Back