SuperZaxxon running on a phone

EssoAir

Hello everyone! Great news! I have successfully gotten SuperZaxxon running on my Samsung Galaxy S 3 (doesn't work well on my GS4 sadly) I am having trouble getting VNC to work (this is the best way to view the desktop) but SSH works great!!!! Here are some screenshots.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4url7vy81iaqii/Photo%20Aug%2006%2C%2012%2038%2043%20AM.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/be09j78v16yxgv7/Photo%20Aug%2006%2C%2012%2038%2049%20AM.png

Im sure getting VNC to work won't be too hard. I installed Tightvnc-viewer just fine (which includes the x11vnc server) but the connection kept getting refused (tried both normal :5900 as well as SSH tunneling)

Maybe someone can post some ideas for how to get VNC working? I'd like to run it at the native 800x480 resolution if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that SuperZaxxon!!!???  It says Ubuntu.  Where's XFCE?  Where's Minimenu?

How is that SuperZaxxon!!!???  It says Ubuntu.  Where's XFCE?  Where's Minimenu?
Great point.. EssoAir.. Sure you're excited and you think this is hardcore and all but you realise you're just using valuable battery time from your Pandora? ;) How are you going to simulate the button presses? 

Just setup a CHROOT.

Dump your entire OS after you have it setup right. With VNC.

You can get anything running on a phone. I have Maemo running. Beat that!

You can get full OS running and tweak it to get VNC going.

It says "Ubuntu" because I forgot to change the name of the profile (idiotic mistake) It is indeed SuoerZaxxon though. My problem though is that I cant get VNC to work. Ive tried several different command-line servers and none of them have worked for me so far. The idea for this is to replace my Pandora. This plus an iCP2 will serve my Pandora needs. It will be a lot more compact than the Pandora and has the added benefit of no longer requiring me to carry two devices all the time. (well, I guess the iCP2 is a second device, but its a kot smaller and lighter)

But seriously, if someone can get VNC working in it that would be great. As I said, SSH works like a charm. its only VNC that I have any issues with.

Edit: One more thing, since its VNC that means no audio. There are ways to get audio working, but I think those lag a lot. So its a tradeoff. I dont think many people would sacrefice audio, battery life, full sized SD and the easy access to USB host, but to me, its worth a try. I may come to find that its horrible and go back to my Pandora, but Id like to at least give this a shot

Why not just stop wasting your time - port over LIBPND and get PND's working natively.

Or just use a standard working chroot with VNC and get libPND running. Eeeeasier (one u work out PND)

If it's because you want to run some native SuperZaxxon/Linux apps on your phone, maybe...

But for emulation, aren't the app in the PND repository optimized for the pandora hardware? I'm guessing they might not run as well as a native android emulator.

Back