Swapping Discs

Cas

Hi

Before I play a 2 disc or more game in PSX-ReARMed what is the process at the disc

swap point in the game ?

I think it maybe obvious but I want to make sure before I play.

Hi

Before I play a 2 disc or more game in PSX-ReARMed what is the process at the disc

swap point in the game ?

You just load the other cd image.

But you can make sure by saving state just before swapping :p

Hi

swap point in the game ?

You just load the other cd image.

But you can make sure by saving state just before swapping :p

Hi

Yup, obvious as I said :)

Just wanted to make sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this feature with Parasite Eve 2 and it doesn´t work. The game loads CD 2but then it freezes.

It would probably work for some other games.

It worked for me on heart of darkness, so the feature is working. Maybe there is a bug with parasite eve, or a bad dump, or it was just a random freeze.

Ask in the pcsx-rearmed thread (and provide a savestate if you can), notaz looks there for bug reports from people.

It worked for me on heart of darkness, so the feature is working. Maybe there is a bug with parasite eve, or a bad dump, or it was just a random freeze.

Ask in the pcsx-rearmed thread (and provide a savestate if you can), notaz looks there for bug reports from people.
Will do. Thanks

You are probably right. Parasite Eve 2 needs a special "fix" to be enabled in the PCSXRearmed options menu in order to run, so that might be the reason.

Will do. Thanks

You are probably right. Parasite Eve 2 needs a special "fix" to be enabled in the PCSXRearmed options menu in order to run, so that might be the reason.

Just a long shot but maybe you can load disc 2 and modify the settings so it has the PE2 Fix enabled then load disc 1 load your state and swap to disc 2. Just to ensure the settings are in place on both discs.

Or try changing global state temporarily. Worth a shot :)

While a game is running, the menu has two options for loading discs, one for loading a new game("Load CD image"), and one for changing the discs. When the game asks you to switch discs just use the "Change CD image".

Back