Swiss Army Knive, the Pyra under the Sharp Tools

I’m thinking about an Böker Plus Boston Slipjoint as an Companion Knive, it’s full German Compatible, got a 2hand Open Blade that is not lockable , 9,1 cm so ideal for cutting buns (brötchen) and it’s looks not that bad..
I will have a look on YouTube and then order one..

I wonder: Should i make more of these Knive Videos? It was not that easy to get them in the Camera but beside this strange beginning i think it was getting quite interessting ^^

Oh and the Böker Plus Boston is now on its way to me, maybe i will have a Rewiew Video when i find the time

The big issue is that Youtube is quite slow when you upload the stuff directly from Phone, this 30 Minutes Video from yesterday was startet to upload on saturday at 8:30 pm..

Allthough i had this Swisschamp in my Video, i did decide then to swap its scales whit my Cybertool, because i found the Bitdriver of the Cybertool much more usefull ^^
So i have now a Blue Swiss Army Knive whit Bit Driver, Scale Swapping was actually not that difficult ..

Although I found these transparent scales are getting quit scratchy over time..

IMG_1168.jpeg

I'm a huge fan of the Victorinox bit driver; it was the reason I switched from Swisschamp to Cybertool. Swapping hardware in servers, mounting equipment in racks, the uses are endless. The scales do get scratched with time, but you could swap them out for titanium scales. I've had the titanium scales for approximately five years and they still look pristine.

The Gerber looks like a nice minimalist package of well selected tools. Reminds me of half a Leatherman!

The Blade is One Hand Open,
I have the Leatherman Free P4, its fully one hand open.. even the bottle opener..
I really hope this 42a law will gets delete or changed: it’s needs an solution for Multitools,

or Leatherman shall build an good Multitool whitouth one hand blade..

well there you go! i never even tried to open it one handed. its not easy, it takes a bit of force to get it to start rotating but yes it does seem that it is able to be opened with one hand...

The German Law Makers did a great Job whit §42a , and they never touched it again to change something so peaple whit One Hand Open Blade Multitools who unlikly would use them as Weapons ..
I was back then still an active Boy Scout Leader, and Boy Scouts where known to wear some times a bit bigger fixed knives as Sharp Tools, for bushcraft, etc, they had an expetation at least when they are wearing the Scouts Cloths .. but i did put my 13 cm Knive to my Collectors Shelf and bought me one whit 10 cm ..,

As in french, the Knive Laws are after the Charly Hepdo Terror Act got tighten, you are not even allowed there to carry an Opinel, as its Lockable..
Its strange, as the Opinel, after the Swiss Army Knive might be the most Puplic Friendly Knive because you have to unlock the blade bevore you can open it..

i dont actually carry it in a pocket or a belt pouch. its in my backpack with all the other tools i need to do my job.its mainly to open boxes to get parts out. the Swiss army knife i have is great and i bought it in 1992 but its a bit bulky. The gerber has just the bits i need. a knife a pair of scissors the screw driver in emergency if i loose my other screwdrivers.. and the awl. So many times i have used something like that to start a hole in plastic for a screw or cable tie.

Sadly i had some incidents whit these blue Transparent Swiss Champ Scales on the Cybertool, they did rupp against my other knive so i have a big tear on it..
So i did dezide to order 2 Pairs of new Scales: The Cybertool gets blue Celidor ones as my Dayley used Knive and the Swiss Champ will get its Transparent Scales again..

The new scales did arrive yesterday, so I did put them on yesterday evening: the Transparrent ABS Skales for the Swisschamp where much less trouble than the Cellidor Scales for the Cybertool, I did need lots of force to put them on, this was much more easy back then when i only swapped them from Swisschamp to Cybertool,
the Cybertool got still a few mm gap between the Metall frame and the Plastic Scale on the side where the tweezer is located, but I think it’s good enough for me..

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

I like the blue cellidor. It's unfortunate Victorinox doesn't have a better method of attaching the scales, like torx screws for instance.

The Cellidor is cool, but its not really scratch resistant, i dont know if these are original Victorinox or Aftermarket Scales, but the Cellidor Scales on my Minichamp are also a bit scratchet so might be the ABS Scales are a bit better at this task..
The Attaching Method is something that could be a bit more easy, but might be my Scale where just "Cold" as they where laying in our Mail Box the whole day, ..
I think the Attaching Method is not that bad: These Things are meant to be Tool Boxes in your Pocket, so it would be a bit arkward when you need an tool to work on the tool,

It would be the same like an Scissor Packaged in an Blister Pack where you need an Scissor to get the Scissor out ..
Also these tiny screws are easy to lost, and these Scales are not meant to hold lots of force, so the friction between the washers and the plastic should secure them quite well..

To get them on, you need an wise or you have to push whit your own mass, like i did, allthough my 65 kg are maybe not heavy enough..

EDIT: I have now these blue scales, and i will keep them, even when they get scratchy now, these are marks of every day use..

German Discounter "LIDL" gets some cheap Outdoor Stuff in its Sortiment, there is also an "Swiss Army Knive Clone" for 6 € and an Fixed whit Fero Rod for the same..
I wonder if it would be worth to get one Clone just for my Collection and maybe another SAK vs Cheapo Video..

I would not recoment getting one for other purposes, might be the Bottle Opener will open bottles fine, who knows?

If you need a good cheap Knive, and you dont want to carry it in French (because after some Terror Acts, lockable Pocketknives are forbidden there)
i would Recoment an Opinel, they are also quite cheap but much better and the version whit the not rust restistent blade can get sharpened quite good ^^

Reactions: rSl
I found yesterday a German Reviev from this Cheap Lidl Victorinox Hunter Clone: Like i did expect: Its quite poor: everything runs quite bad, to fold out the tools you can ruin your finger nails, the Skissors are quite cheap made and dont even cut the Plastic Blister the Knive came from, so even for 6 € nothing i would reccomand..

For the Money, including Shipping, you get 2 pairs of Scales for your Original Swiss Army Knive if you want something different ..
And after i have this Blue Skales now for a few weeks on my Cybertool, they still look a bit scratched but i dont find it that worse ..

Blue Non Trans Lucent Plus Scales on an Cybertool L is something not everyone got ^^

Im also quite happy whit this SAK: Its allmost every Tool you would get on an Swisschamp, minus the Magnifier Glas (which is anyway not that powerfull and i can also use my Phone Camera for this) plus a lot more Screw Drivers and even Torx via this quite usefull Bit Driver + Holder Combination..

Back