Thank You Team Pandora

nuggetbro

Still Fresh
I have been following the development of the Pandora for a long while now. I decided I was going to write a letter to the guys who helped make it a reality. I was going to send this via email, but unfortunately I can't seem to find one. So, it might sounds little stupid, but here I go...

Congratulations team Open-Pandora. Congratulations for bringing out a powerful and well made device without relying on large companies, and for bring your dream into reality. Congratulations for completing the device and getting it into people’s hands, while remaining ethical. Congratulations on creating a community around the Pandora and offering fantastic support. Congratulations for creating something with completely open communication.
If someone was to ask me a few years ago 'how do companies make electronic devices?' they would have met a puzzled gaze. Now they get the puzzled gaze and some possible information.
You have shown that small groups of passionate people can work together to make intelligent devices. You have shown openly the process without worrying that someone will go and do it better then you. You have shown how to work through setbacks and challenges.
I want to know that I think you have done something incredible difficult and fantastic.

Thank you.

Technience.com

Thanks - this is just the start, the Pandora will just get better and better. Getting it out there was just the beginning, now we make it have the best possible support, software and capabilities.

Even within a few months you will see huge leaps in the software. We're certainly not going to do a 'chinese pmp' on this and leave it sitting at v0.5 forever. Constant updates and tweaks until it's as near to perfect as possible!

Ditto,
Thanks Team Open-Pandora. Its easy to sit back and ridicule without acknowledgment of what has been done and what positive work has been accomplished over the years.

*Heart Felt Thumbs UP*

I would like to wish Open Pandora team to keep up the good work!

Especially I liked this comment:
Congratulations for creating something with completely open communication.
This is not just open console and open source, but also quite tolerant forum policies. Cheers!

craigix said:
Thanks - this is just the start, the Pandora will just get better and better. Getting it out there was just the beginning, now we make it have the best possible support, software and capabilities.

Even within a few months you will see huge leaps in the software. We're certainly not going to do a 'chinese pmp' on this and leave it sitting at v0.5 forever. Constant updates and tweaks until it's as near to perfect as possible!

Exactly, and don't forget to find a solution if suddenly 100.000 People want a Pandora. :) I really wish you 100K sold Pandoras, I guess the System will become more and more popular and known, maybe faster than you can handle it ^^

Best part for me at the moment is to see, that it really "matures": bugs get fixed, quality gets improved, stuff starts to be polished...
Sound issue already is solved, now the only bigger problems are WiFi reconnect problem and SD Mount point I guess. But nice to see that people working hard to solve this all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i only wish i would have been along for the ride with the first few hundred people that got their pandoras when its still in critical software status, but i guess im also lucky that im in the 3000+ as surely many problems will be fixed by then, software and hardware

I was just thinking about thanking you all and found this thread. So please once again accept my Thank You and Congratulations on an amazing work of art!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back