thanks im getting there

boybates

Still Fresh
many thanks for getting me this far you all;
i have a working pc link;working usb driver;my smc has been formated;now for the prob;with the official site down i am still trying to get that ever so elusive freelauncher program;i have downloaded the gps program form darkfader but when i try to get my pdvid it just keeps telling me that my usb is not connected,but it is,i have tried to enter my id and password that i registered when the gamepark site was running but still no joy.this is doing me in. thanks to all those who have help in getting me this far.

Hmm... iirc its something to do with the timing of when you plug the GP32 in. Try various combinations of the following:

Open GPS2
Plug in GP32
Turn on GP32
Go to PC-Link
Attempt a connect

Plug in GP32
Open GPS2
Turn on GP32
Go to PC-Link
Attempt

Open GPS2
Turn on GP32
Plug in cable
Go to PC-Link
Attempt

etc. etc.

With a bit of luck, ONE of those'll work for you; I remember there is - somewhat irrationally - a lot to do with the order whenever I have to use one of the homebrew connecting utils. No idea why, though. You'll prolly find the combination eventually; might be worth posting if you do :)

I have the same problem with the PC PCLink program.
Sometimes trying out different combinations works, sometimes not.

What mostly works is :
Turn on GP32
Plug in GP32
Start PCLink on GP32
Start PCLink on PC

But for some reason this too only works maybe 5 times out of 50. I'm really getting irritated of it.. There's no way for me to 'just quickly try out that program on GP32' since I always have to fight an hour or two to get Win2k to recognize it... *sigh*

Hence why I suggested to the guy who's making a PC-Link replacement that he stick in PDUID/SMCID reading - it'd make everything SOOO much simpler

Back