The Best Non-handheld Console?

The xbox scene is pretty quiet now, mostly becasue most systems up to and including Ps One and N64 are all emulated well as far as I can see. I got Amiga, N54, Genesis, SNES and loads more running perfectly!

Xbox is the best emu scene bar none.

Did they ever solve the problem for the PSX emu so that you could actually play off actual PSX discs (or backups)? Last I checked you HAD to load the game onto the harddrive to play which sux for guys like me who are two cheap to upgrade it.

bast525 posted on Mar 13 2005 at 07:26 AM said:
Did they ever solve the problem for the PSX emu so that you could actually play off actual PSX discs (or backups)? Last I checked you HAD to load the game onto the harddrive to play which sux for guys like me who are two cheap to upgrade it.

the xbox costs hundreds

the DC is pocket money retro fun - games on ebay are about £2

no comparison

Last edited by a moderator:
bast525 posted on Mar 13 2005 at 07:26 AM said:
You don't have to have in on the HDD, you just need to have the cd ripped to a bin/cue. You can then burn that to a cd and play it off that.

But I don't think you can put in origionals at the moment. I'm having troube getting an iso of tekken 3 converted and playing at the moment.

Edit: I just checked and if you can play the game directly from a cd, I can't. Thanks to you though, I now have to get my psx out to play speed freaks. Thanks...

oh wow see I didn't even know you could play them as bin/cue from a CD though now that I think about it it makes sense that you should be able to. Unfortunately my Xbox will only read CD-RW's not regular CD-R's... well i guess that's not that big of a deal. I assume you can load a whole bunch of PSX bin/cues onto a DVD-R and play them off that as well? I NEED to get a DVD burner....

bast525 posted on Mar 14 2005 at 04:33 AM said:
oh wow see I didn't even know you could play them as bin/cue from a CD though now that I think about it it makes sense that you should be able to. Unfortunately my Xbox will only read CD-RW's not regular CD-R's... well i guess that's not that big of a deal. I assume you can load a whole bunch of PSX bin/cues onto a DVD-R and play them off that as well? I NEED to get a DVD burner....

your xbox will play CD-RW's, but not CD-R's?

I'd nott be so confident it will play playstation bin/cue's off a dvd-r if I was you... just saying...

yep, mine wont play regular cd-r's.

Lots of Xbox's are like that... very finicky some of the DVD drives in some of them are.

I got the samsung drive so i can play off cd, cdr, cdrw and most dvd's. Has anyone seen the remake of that flash game Madness, Madness x.
jetpack.jpg

Looks realy good.

Attachments

• jetpack.jpg
    jetpack.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 135
yeah mine has issues with cd-r too.

Fortunately I just use a big hardrive instead and FTP the PSone games across.

I prefer the xbox to a cheap PC because I prefer not to have to use Windows for the emulation as its cumbersome to control with a control pad and slow(er) to boot.
I also dont think I could have bought an entire PC capable of PS1 and n64 emulation for less than £100. And if you could it'd be bigger and less portable than an Xbox (which I frequently carry around in my backpack).

Back