The GP32 community.. after the GP32?

Well, the advances of message boards are:
Nicely organized.

The advances of mailing lists:
You get it via eMail.

I personally like message boards better, but if you make a message board:
Please don't make any GP32 topics. That's what this forum is for - and the last thing I want is a splitted up community.
Keep your new board GP32 topic free and we'll have a splendid community I guess and GP32 related things stay where they should :)

Nice idea, quite freaky actually, as I was thinking the exact same thing. When I heard of the European cancellation, I knew the scene's days were numbered and was thinking of starting a message board.

I prefer boards over mailing lists, maybe I'm too young, I never got into Usenet and only belong to 2 mailing lists :) But it's cool of you to set one up. I agree that many people have made friends here and we shouldn't destroy these friendships when the scene collapses (IF it does...these boards could well be expanded for the GP64 :D)

Skeezix, if upgrading servers is a hassle, I have a server with nice pipes and supposedly 'unlimited bandwidth/space'. So that's always available :)

Although I have barely posted here (I am more of a watcher :ph34r: :ph34r: ) I wouldn't mind such a thing if only to still talk to like-minded GP32 owners (or read what other people have to say as has been the case thus far). It would be a shame to see such a friendly and close knit community go down the drain.

LONG LIVE THE GP32!!! :)

I don't see any reason why this forum can't keep going as long as we all keep posting. But I'll join any mailing list or whatever gets set up if thats what yer all might do.

:)

Some people are saying that the GP32 is dead because theres not going to be a euro launch, yet when I got my GP32 there was no talk of any european launch. so now theres not going to be one I'm not really that disapointed (well kinda!) because I never expected it to be officially launched here.

Damn, all this talk of the GP32 becoming a dying scene after I just got my own website rolling. No matter what happens, I'm still gonna promote the GP32 in the U.S.!

Anyways, that mailing list thing ain't such a bad idea. I too have a message board set up, but it's through ezboards. And my message board right now is set up for my website. I hope all GP32 communities keep going no matter what. The GP32 is a great console with a great community (with the exception of me, of course :D ), so it deserves to go on as far as it can go. Maybe GamePark ain't such a big hot shot company, but they sure did know how the formula to making a great handheld, they just didn't have push enough with the system.

I swore to myself I wouldn't cry, but here it comes anyways...

cry.jpg

*g* Okay, I'll set it up.

More folks like the messageboartd, so give me a couple days to get one up; I've got a likely candidate system selected, so I need ot do some testing and set up tyhe logos and stuff.

(Server pipe isn't a problem, as I'll host it on my little companies servers; its other dependancies a MB requires. But I also want a MB for my company usage, so I've been intending to put one together anyway, and it'll be handy for my coding contest that starts in a few days.. so it all comes together nicely :)

So I'll post back soon with details!

And it will not be GP32 oritented; We're served by far best by GP32x and GP32emu, etc. It'll just be a hang out for like minded folks.

I'm thinking like HandheldGamer or something; just so long as we all know where to go :)

Or maybe "GP" will become "Game Player" and GP32x will hang around forever!

jeff

Hey folks,

I've created a new message board on my Codejedi message board (just launched, nice and virginal :).

Its called Handheld Gamer (and also Handheld Devver), for folks to hang out who are intereste din handheld gaming in general, be it GP32, Zodiac, GBA, whatever.

Just a place for all of us to hang out without being GP32 specific.

This is not in any way trying to undermine the GP32 scene by which I'm still very intereste din and daily using my GP32! It is in no way there ot hurt GP32x, GP32Emu, GP32Spain, or any other fine and cool site. But it is just a way to try and start up a forum that is about handheld gaming and to try and keep in contact with everyone I know and admire here. Some peopel have left our beloved GP32 community, and I hope that that sort of thing wont' happen .. if your'e going to bail sometime, come to this new forum and we'll still stay in contact!

So if you want to gab about Zodiac, GP32, GBA, NGage, handheld gaming and devving in geral, chat, make fun of people, dream about new toys and games...

come hang out on my little forum :)

You can get to it from the http://www.codejedi.com main website - the direct link is this though: http://shadow.skeleton.org/cgi-bin/mb/YaBB.cgi, or a link to the specific forum for Handheld Gamer: http://shadow.skeleton.org/cgi-bin/mb/YaBB...B.cgi?board=hhg

jeff

Back