The Videogame Killer, 17, to be sentenced for matricide...

Consequence_9

have you realized that rock stars always seem to l
ROFL! Can you spot it? Someone has a sense of humor

From Cleveland.com/crime :
Daniel Petric to be sentenced June 2 for murdering his mother and wounding his father over a video game
Posted by Michael Sangiacomo/Plain Dealer Reporter May 02, 2009 13:37PM
ELYRIA — Lorain County Common Please Court Judge James Burge will sentence 17-year-old Daniel Petric June 2 for killing his mother and shooting his father in a rage over a video game.
Burge found Daniel Petric, 17, of Wellington, guilty of aggravated murder in the death of his mother, Susan, 43, and attempted aggravated murder in the attack on his father, Mark, 46. Petric was also convicted of tampering with evidence. Petric faces up to life in prison. Prosecutors said Petric shot his parents Oct. 20, 2007, because they took away his Halo 3 video game. Defense attorney James Kersey said Petric "just popped,' but stressed Petric didn't plan the attack. At the trial, Petric seemed blank as testimony was presented. He rarely made eye contact with his father and other family members. The only time he showed emotion was when a group of friends from his church went into the courtroom to talk to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't see the humor.

Exophase, was there a strong reaction by the townsfolk from this case, or is that a big enough city that people would not care?

blu said:
i don't see the humor.

Exophase, was there a strong reaction by the townsfolk from this case, or is that a big enough city that people would not care?

Big city. I didn't even know about it until this post, although I don't watch the local news very much either.

Back