Throw In The Towel

My charger has a nice function to charge/discharge the batteries as long as it didn't fit more juice in the current charge than in the last one, this takes quite a bit of time but also gives quite a bit more time, while also being good for the batteries.

sam fisher said:
YakumoFuji said:
imhotep said:
The good chargers are ones that charge slowly. Mine takes about 2 hours or more to charge mine (I haven't tested exactly though). Avoid the super fast chargers. e.g. 15 minute chargers.

two hours? wow. Mine do a discharge + recharge and it takes from 24+ hrs.

Mine does 30mins :p It's a good trade off between speed and battery life. Plus it has fans.

ouch! a 15min discharge, 15 min charge i would think is bad for the batts? 15min discharge of such high amp batteries doesn't sound good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes aaronson, you're using crappy batteries.

Buy some new, more powerful batteries. Get the highest capacity batteries you can get for maximum battery life (they also take longer to charge though).
I use 3200mAh ni-mh batteries and I get plenty of battery life.
My GP2X is mostly used for playing MP3s & OGGs whilst walking to & from work every day, rather than regular long stints of gaming although I had a 4 hour Neo-Geo stint recently and the batteries weren't fresh and they didn't run out either.

The longest music playing stint on one set of fully charged 3200mAh batteries I've had was just over 9 hours (it was a long car journey).

NES emulation on the DS is pretty good, I think, at least from what I've tried.

SNES emulation isn't that good, but it's coming along.

All in all, don't buy a DS for emulation, but buy it for the games that come out for it.

Vin said:
Yes aaronson, you're using crappy batteries.

Buy some new, more powerful batteries. Get the highest capacity batteries you can get for maximum battery life (they also take longer to charge though).
I use 3200mAh ni-mh batteries and I get plenty of battery life.
My GP2X is mostly used for playing MP3s & OGGs whilst walking to & from work every day, rather than regular long stints of gaming although I had a 4 hour Neo-Geo stint recently and the batteries weren't fresh and they didn't run out either.

The longest music playing stint on one set of fully charged 3200mAh batteries I've had was just over 9 hours (it was a long car journey).
Woah...3200 mAh? I don't even know where I could buy batteries like that. The best I found was 4 AA's at 2650 mAh for $10

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used duracell white AAs for years now. I bought 100 of them and have slowly given them away to friends, have about 24 left now. only rated 1500mAh, but they tend to hold 1600-1750 even after all these years. Just recently I found a boatload of sanyo 2350 AAs, 4 batteries with a charger (and a worthless camera carrying case and tripod) for $5. My capacity-rating charger says they hold every bit of their rated capacity, so they might be my new standard.

Back