To Buy or not To Buy?That is the question...

Gandalf

Still Fresh
I have a few question about this system that maybe youguys can answer before i purchase it. Is there a warranty on this item in case it breaks? Is it reliable? Do I need to purchase a Smart card before i can download anything onto it? If i was to get an NES emulator, how many games could i put on the card? TurboGrafx emulators??
I was considering buying it off of liksang.com, is that a good place to purchase one??
Thanks for answering my questions..

There is a warranty, but what that do, I don't know, but I think it is like a normal warranty on any other thing. You need to purchase a SMC to put games and apps on the GP32. I recommend a 128mb SMC. I don't know how many NES roms you can put on your GP32, that depends on the size of the SMC and roms. But I can tell you, that you can put a lot of them on there.

Gandalf posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I have a few question about this system that maybe youguys can answer before i purchase it. Is there a warranty on this item in case it breaks? Is it reliable? Do I need to purchase a Smart card before i can download anything onto it? If i was to get an NES emulator, how many games could i put on the card? TurboGrafx emulators??
I was considering buying it off of liksang.com, is that a good place to purchase one??
Thanks for answering my questions..
It depends on who you buy it from. Play-Asia gives a 6 month warranty. It is reliable. You need a SMC (smartmedia card), you put all the roms and stuff on it, I recommend getting a 128mb SMC. The amount of roms that can fit onto the SMC depends on the size of the SMC, a 128mb SMC is 128 mb on your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back