Too High Capacity Batteries? :(

NeoX

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I am currently using 2300 mAh Hama brand batteries (1.2 volt of course) and my BLU is having some seriously strange problems..

Every now and then (will happen after 15 minutes, then not for an hour, then after 10 minutes, then not for 4 hours, you get the idea :) ) the screen will get almost completely white, I can still see a little bit whats on there but its too bad so I end up having to shut my GP down and turn it on again, which resolves the problem.

It's not a problem I can't live with (it doesnt happen frequently enough to annoy me) but I am just worried that I am breaking my BLU.

Please tell me that this is a common problem with GP32's! Should I be using lower capacity batteries? This never happened with the batteries that came with the BLU.

Thanks a lot in advance!

NeoX

The capacity of the batteries wiull make NO difference at all to the BLU, except for making it last longer on a single set :)

The batteries will still give out exactly same voltage, just for longer.

You may have a fault. Is it happening with specific programs? IF not, then it seems odd that it's happening at all.

It has nothing to do with battery capacity though...

happens with me but i thought it was when the batterise were running out ? i use 2300 mah ones too. oh and it never happend with my flu b4 with same batteries

same thing happens to me with my blu and 2400mah batteries. think it is just when they're dying though. noticed on my blu that if you hold select the screen goes white when playing anything. hold it down again and the screen comes back on. strange...

Thanks a lot guys, thats one option less! These batteries are freshly charged though.. I have been overclocking, in GPDoom (where the problem arose) and in OSNES (Where I havent had the problem YET) It doesnt make sense though, since the problem also occurred in LJGP on 133MHz :(

Again, I am not THAT annoyed by it, I am just glad that I am not abusing my BLU, since the 2300 dont seem to be the problem. Could it be that the batteries are on their first charge and therefore acting a bit strange? Time 'll tell.

Thanks for comforting me! Ill be off playing Zelda II now :).

I believe high cap batteries (Ni-MH ones) act strangely when they are new, or when you use them on another device and then use them back on the GP32. I have a FLU, and when I put back my batteries from my digital camera to the gp32, the light keeps flashing for the 1st hour or so...

sound like it's a new battery prob because mine are on their first charge. although i've found that when it happens if i hold select like i was saying before to put the back light off and then put it back on again the problem dissapears...

I wonder if it's then a software problem? Maybe a bad dump or download? I some times get a 4 way split on super-r-type on osnesgp32 and yeh, if I hold down select to go to the menu then back all's fine. I might try re-downloading that rom again.

na thats a problem with the emulator, it happens to everyone.

Next time it happens I will definitely try the select button! Ill keep you guys posted.

-Edit: What the.......???? I pressed select and everything returns to normal again :blink: firstly Im glad that there is a solution now, but I cant stop thinking about what kind of a serious hardware bug like that could be solved by pressing a button ;)

Well at least I wont have to worry about it anymore.

Back