Took my GP32 to the gamestore...

k_man316

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi, I'd first like to thank all of you for all your support. I have been following the GP32 community for a while, and it's just so great what you have done with this great handheld! This will be my first step in admitting that I am a GP32 junkie, thank you really, I'm trying to hold the tears back.

Ok, anyways, I live in the US and there are the specialized game stores called EBgames. I frequent them often for my other consoles, but just happend on my store yesterday looking for a decent GBA case for my GP32. The guys behind the counter saw my system and were extremely curious. I explained what it was and what it could do an proceeded to fire up DOOM for them. Needless to say they were highly impressed! So much so that the three of them had to be reminded by myself that there were customers waiting to pay.

This handheld is really so amazing! I own a GBA also, but this is what it should have been.

Anyways, thought I'd share my story and let you know how much I appreciate these forums. Now where's that Genesis emu... :p

I know people yesterday were pissed but i convinced nathan to take of his gp32 number whatever thing and release it publicly. He will be makeing an announcement later. I cant wait to play the genesis emulator to!

Hehe - exactly the same thing happened to me a few months back! People were crowding round! I felt like some sort of gaming curiosity show :p

Funnily enough - this happened in a 'Game' Store, and Game recently bought EB Uk, and the store was an EB a few months before....

Spooky! :ph34r:

I fly a lot between Sweden and London and I am frequently asked about my GP32 on flights by Swedish or English people (generally males aged 20 - 35). There is a lot of potential interest in the GP32, it is a shame that GamePark do not have the resources to give it the marketing it deserves.

When the GP32 first came out, I was really skeptical as to how good it would be. At that time, only a handful of games were made, all commercial. They looked great, but couldn't warrant the near $200 price mark back then. I stopped following until I stumbled back onto the Lik Sang website just looking at new things. To my amazement, there were numberous links to emulators, websites and discussion groups all for this handheld that I shrugged off.

I think the system has just so much potential. I know this is mean or selfish, but I sometimes feel happy that I own this system and that there is just so much attention paid. It's not mainstream like the GBA and I like that. :)

I even haven't got my GP32 yet (it will probalby take a month or something before i'll get my one) but when i show some pictures to people i know the're highly impressed. Most of them got a GBA (or a SP). They like games like mario kart golden sun and advance wars and most of them even didn't know advance wars was nummber 6 (???) in the serie. If i show them some pictures of meteal gear and famicom wars show them screenshots of doom and hexen the're highly impressed.

I gues i don't have to explain the reaction of the hardcore and retro gamers i know ;)

This systeem just need a euro. launch. I'm prety sure the're be a lot of people intrested. If someone could make a calculator for windup (the rest (adres book, text editor, enz) is included with winups) we would have the perfect game PDA (btw a calculator isn't so hard programming is all about math) if the quake port is finished and the source released we can even create/play 3d games on this wonder consule! I'm pretty sure that would impress people!!!

My friends usually stop speaking to me if I ever mention games at all but as soon as I cracked out the GP32 I had one person begging for a go on dizzy 3 and the other asking to watch the office....

....GP32 = Chick magnet.

one week before i got my gp32 3 of my friends and my girlfirend were idiolizing me and tell me how lucky i was. they also al want to try it out but i don't want my baby to be touched by there possibly dirty hands.

How am I supposed to describe it in one sentence though? Many people ask me, I say "oh, it's like the GBA except it plays SNES, Mega Drive games, DivX and MP3" which is oversimplifying but gets the impression through...

I kinda stoped showing mine to people after they kept asking me to order it for them, jeez order it yourself lazy bastard. But I did show it to someone yesturday, moviepark almost made him shit his pants. He said it was the coolest shit he has ever seen. Then I showed him some nes, sms, and doom.

I wish my 'friends' were like that and liked it soo much :( But one day I was playing STH 1 on a SMS emu (4got what it was called) and there was a person looking over my sholder (at the screen) with the strangest ever look on his face.

Twimfy posted on Aug 10 2003 said:
I just say that it plays Any game made before 1994 + Videos and MP3's they get the general idea from that.
some snes games are from '95 if i rememberr correctly

Last edited by a moderator:
Axeman posted on Aug 9 2003 said:
Hehe - exactly the same thing happened to me a few months back! People were crowding round! I felt like some sort of gaming curiosity show :p

Funnily enough - this happened in a 'Game' Store, and Game recently bought EB Uk, and the store was an EB a few months before....

Spooky! :ph34r:
Actuallly.... EB Bought Game. They just decided to use the 'Game' name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back