Tower2x Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
reiboul released his first game: Tower2x, a game inspired by Icy Towers.

The principle is simple: jump, jump, and jump!
Poor Kirby is trapped in some kind of pit and have to jump in order to escape the lava! (original, isn't it?)

tower.jpg

There's still a lot on the to-do-list (including sound), but he's happy for any feedback.
Especially from some developers (source code is included), since this are he first lines of coude :)

Download: Tower2x First Release

Kirby's Adventure I believe.

Edit: Ooops nevermind its Kirby's Dream Land according to some sites...it says its for the Gameboy, though I never played it.

Kirby's Adventure was for the NES though, I loved that game.

Kirby appears on many Nintendo titles from gameboy to supernes ;)
his particularity is, he can inhale air and float like a baloon

by the way, if anyone got a better background, 3D circular effect (like you're in a tube) in a cartoon style I can change the current one (size 320x480, must suit for vertical scrolling)

Rats, this was one of the games I was going to do...

good thing I was lazy :D

Looks nice, I'll have to try it in a bit...

I used to love icy tower!

Does this have combos?

Unfortunately it does not have combos at the moment but I plan to make this game as close to the original as i can, the only limits being my programming skills ;)

Rats, this was one of the games I was going to do...

good thing I was lazy :D

Looks nice, I'll have to try it in a bit...

sorry dude but hey, you can ever give a hand or try your own version ;)
(or do something else :p )

If anybody got something to put on the to-do list, i would take note!
Actually i'm looking for a way to make the game run faster and smoother, because at the moment, the games run fast enough, but not smooth (you can notice kirby's movement when on an object)
framerate change does nothing, and processor speed does not seem to be an issue since the game runs fine when underclocked :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Mhhh Houston we have a problem :) If anybody did try the game, does it run too fast?

I had kind of a bug with my GP2X and screen refresh rate, so I have set the game speed to high!

Hope I will fix it for next releases...

Or if you slide the LCD Setting bar to the right you will have a playable speed ;)

Back