Tv Out - Proper Resolution Fixer!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
rlyeh is currently working on making a proper TV Out for the gp2x :)

He already has some software finished ready to test - now he needs your help and feedback!

Try out the software from this thread here and tell him how it's working on your TV :)

The file to test can be downloaded here

Last edited:
Indeed, let's support this work and give him feedback.

I uploaded pics this morning I took from one of my PSone PAL screens (640x480 resolution) using his software test program. It will be nice if it were full screen, but that may follow in a future release hopefully!!

The images do not scale correctly on my NTSC TV(after the PAL test). They seem to be filling 110% of the screen.

A fantastic development nonetheless.

Metatog615 - could I suggest you make your post on the development thread in question, that way you know he will read your comments? I am sure he will want to know your findings. Oh, and he would prefer if you could post photos on his thread too, so he can see what you mean.

Megatog615 said:
The images do not scale correctly on my NTSC TV(after the PAL test). They seem to be filling 110% of the screen.

A fantastic development nonetheless.
UGh, it DOES scale correctly.

You are experiencing OVERSCAN.

Please check out what overscan is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan

ALL TV's do this (It is especially crappy to see on LCD TV's billed as "HDTV", and cutting off more than 50% of the image).

Have your television adjusted properly (RCA/GE can be done from the front panel, or have a professional do it), and you won't be missing the edges of the signal (PS, enjoy the extra parts of TV shows, video games, and movies that you have been missing).

Thanks to Rlyeh for getting this out! (Sadly I have sold my GP2X already, and worse yet the F-200 isn't shipping yet :(, unless I am wrong.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back