GP2X Tv-out

Aimless_E

Basicly I was wondering how to get my program, and many other programs out for the gp2x. To display on the TV correctly.

Does it require HW-SDL or can we use the SDK provided by GPH?

Is it simply in the way Im setting up the display?

Inquring(spelling?) minds want to know. :)

Aimless_E posted on Aug 14 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
Basicly I was wondering how to get my program, and many other programs out for the gp2x. To display on the TV correctly.

Does it require HW-SDL or can we use the SDK provided by GPH?

Is it simply in the way Im setting up the display?

Inquring(spelling?) minds want to know. :)
If you're using SDL then linking with either GPH's libs or my HW-SDL should allow you to use TV-out.
For GPH's I think it relies on the user entering TV mode before running the program whereas HW-SDL (at least the new version will when I get around to tidying it up) has a function for switching between TV and LCD.
The function is actually just an ioctl to /dev/gpio (I think - I've not got the source at hand.)

Some older programs don't work too well with TV-out as they were written before the TV-out cable was available and they set the display registers in an incompatible way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kepp in mind that useing hw sdl gives you a huge speed boost over gph's sdl as well as other fetures, you should realy use it.

Vimacs posted on Aug 14 2006 at 01:05 PM said:
Kepp in mind that useing hw sdl gives you a huge speed boost over gph's sdl as well as other fetures, you should realy use it.

Thanks I'll do that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back