Two more handheld gaming systems

interesting very interesting, BUT i believe the market is gonna get too swamped with all these handhelds coming out.

we will have to see what is gonna happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Very true. There are far too many handhelds comming out, people wont know what to buy.

GBA
GBA SP
GP32
N-gage
B-ngo
Helix
PSP
FreeON
X-boy
Etc....

I think its stupid for this many handhelds to be out at around the same time.

GBA, GBA SP - cheap but commercial games only (really) and no media/phone.
GP32 - we all know what this can do :)
N-gage - horrible vertical speed, high price, rubbish games
Helix - meh
PSP - too expensive, moving-part discs, commercial
FreeON - didn't look very good when i saw it, mp3 etc. is extra
X-boy - ??

B-ngo - actually poses a threat, it's $200 without service however. The $1 option might get people over. The free SDK and camera are major killers.

However, we had this problem when the GBC came out, IMO - NeoGeo Pocket Color arrived. So did game.com. They both died. And Wonderswan. This time tho, looks like people twigged that open SDKs encourage games :D and followed GP32's example. Who knows...

- Rico

I'm getting the SDK right now. From the *sounds* of it, it looks a lot more capable than the one from GamePark (hell, it even has an emulator built in). This may be one good thing about the B'ngo.. free capable SDK. Uhh... I didn't hear anything about releasing applications though. If it's free, do you need a license...?

Course.. they build these damn screens so small...172x220? What's that all about? That's pitiful.... :blink:

Who's the company making the FreeON? I want to check their website, and in particular, how serious they are about this thing.

They're gonna need more than 2 buttons if they want to get anywhere with it.

X-boy is a rumor about what Microsoft's handheld is going to be called. That is if they release it.
There still losing tons of money on the XBOX hardware. I doubt they gonna risk this again with another peace of consumer hardware.

I'm sorry to say this, but I have to say I like the B'ngo. It looks like they're honestly trying to make a good system. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds. The GP32 is more powerful though :p

Back