Ubuntu For Pandora

howdoishotweb.jpg

How helpful of you Lorgy!

Nobody has achieved a complete install of Ubuntu so far, so if you want to do it you're in for a VERY long ride. There are initiatives to get it going, have a look around in the forums. But if you're not very technical you might just have to wait until somebody else has made a bootable image

I'm more interested in how to get the netbook launcher running on what we have...

HackModford said:
I'm more interested in how to get the netbook launcher running on what we have...
UNL (ubuntu netbook launcher) depend on GL very hard, at least Unity have the elegence to depend on a framework that work on GLES.
UNL fallback on UNL-efl if no GL backend is available.
UNL-efl use EFL to draw so it could be hardware accelerated. But it also depend very hard on GNOME runtime environnement (in fact it crash if it dont find the _horde_ of DBUS gnome services)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubuntu actually runs quite nicely from an SD card! I have it running at the moment.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57097-debian-on-an-sd-card/page__p__922647&#entry922647

It was a lot more usable once I ran Ed's scripts... like magic, the mouse-nubs and overclock came to life!

The main problem is the same with any Linux app running on the Pandora - the screen resolution is often too small to show whole windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back