UDOO X86 is the New PC: the most powerful maker board, Cpu for Pyra?

Faust

Very Active Member
Hi,

Here a kickstarter about "UDOO X86 is the New PC: the most powerful maker board", It is based on Quad Core 64-bit new-generation x86 processors made by Intel®, designed for the PC domain. Prodigious processors concentrated in 14 nm, with an amount of energy consumption of 5 or 6 Watt.

Edit : link doesn't work.

The size of the CPU package looks like it puts it out of the realm of being able to fit on a CPU daughterboard.

It's interesting for sure...but not for mobile...so not for pyra.

It's seems an italian project.....very nice, but i don't know i will find a use (for me)...i have also the raspberry PI2 that is on the box for a year now..

Hi,

Here a kickstarter about "UDOO X86 is the New PC: the most powerful maker board", ...

Thanks, indeed interesting. It is even Open source hardware, they announced directly the license for the schematics ....

"At UDOO we promote the Open Source culture. We will release Schematics, 3D design, binaries, the Bill of Material (BOM) and other resources following the end of the campaign, along with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA 3.0 license, as we have done before for all of our boards already on the market."

Interesting that in most shots they don't show that heatsink that needs to be mounted on top of that CPU for it to perform. I don't think this has any relevance to the Pyra project, but this is the Everything Else section, so that's fine.

No way is 2.56GHz Braswell 10x more powerful than Raspberry Pi 3's 4x1.2Ghz Cortex-A53s. Not in terms of CPU power at least, not across any reasonable set of benchmarks. 4x more powerful at the very best, and even that seems very optimistic.

Given all the other placements on that comparison image they must be doing something weird in sysbench.

Sad seeing Kickstarter campaigns fall prey to all this flashy but misleading marketing. But then I guess it's not surprising when I look at the project roster they posted and see all these marketing, PR, communications and so on people.

Back