UK Pandora owners - 32GB SD card £25 Today Only

So what is the fastest card you can use? Or the recommended speed?

I was afraid a class 2 would be too slow for some emulators (psx, SCUMMV)

So what is the fastest card you can use? Or the recommended speed?

I was afraid a class 2 would be too slow for some emulators (psx, SCUMMV)
The read speed of a class 2 card is going to be more than sufficient for any kind of files you want to put on it. So for things like ROMs, music, video, even to a certain extent applications, class 2 is absolutely fine.

There are situations though where class 2 may be insufficient. It takes a long time to write files to a lower class card, to fill up 32gb you could be looking at hours. So if you change the files on your card quite a lot then it makes sense to go for a higher class card. For example if you want to watch a TV series on your Pandora, then load the next season on after you've watched it, then the next season etc. then you are going to notice the write speed a lot more than if you're just dumping your ROMs on a card once and leaving them there.

Also, if you run an operating system from the SD card you're going to want a good card. Though I/O operation speed is also important here, it's fairly safe to say a class 2 card is going to be awful to run an OS from.

Personally I have a fast card to run the OS and applications/PNDs from. Then a big but slow card to hold my files (ROMs etc) as I don't change the files often.

Thanks, I ordered two and they arrived today. I was surprised to find that they were not class 2 but class 4 but I'm not complaining :)
Don't put too much store on the class rating - I don't think it is very representative as a general purpose speed benchmark except for when you need to fill the whole card. Biggest risk with these cheap cards is that they might be more likely to expire after a few months use.

Back