Unmounting SD card in Minimenu

cubelindo

Still Fresh
Is there any procedure for unmounting an SD card using Minimenu, so you can safely remove it from the Pandora?

Thanks!

It *should* be safe to remove because SD cards are automatically mounted with 'dirsync'.

If you don't want to risk it, open a terminal and type 'sudo umount /media/mmcblk0p1' (or whatever your card is called)

This has been broken for a long, long time (I can remember it working in HF2 or something like that).

Anyone know if there is a way to make it work correctly from the MiniMenu GUI?

A long time ago I released a PND called Mount-Menu-Installer (in the repo), which offers the user a little Mount/Unmount-Menu by using Zenity. It can be used within XFCE, but at the moment unfortunately not from MiniMenu.

MiniMenu shows and runs PNDs, but the MountMenu-PND is not the application itself, but the installer. That's why you can not use it from within MiniMenu. I made a quick experiment and wrote another small PND that runs the Mount-Menu-script. It seems to work that way, but it's all a bit of a quick dirty hack so far and I did only a quick test.

So here is again what I did:

- install mount-menu by running the mount-menu-installer.pnd from the repo

- create a pnd that contains only the script /usr/bin/mount-menu.sh (which is available after installation), an icon for the MiniMenu-entry and a PXML-file that runs mount-menu.sh

- copy the newly created pnd to /usr/pandora/mmenu/ (as root) so that it's available all time (with no mounted sdcard)

I attached the quickly hacked PND, but !be warned that the attached PND is highly experimental and might do something you do not want to! I mean, I personally doubt that anything bad will happen (except for that it might not work), but the worst case is that you have to reflash your pandora and reformat your sdcard. ;) Sorry for pushing the fear, but you never know. As I said multiple times: This is/was just a quick test so far. If you are not much into Linux and using the command-line, then better don't try this without further help. I'm not sure when I can be of help next time.

Also note that the installer-pnd and the attached script have the same icon and a similar description, so don't mix them up in the MiniMenu. You will find the entries in the "System"-section.

mount-menu.pnd

Attachments

• mount-menu.pnd
    11.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Back