Unresponsive "r" Button

matt goode

Website
Visit site
hi, ive had my gp32 blu+ since christmas and when i got it i noticed that only the "L" button made a clear loud clicking sond, that didnt bother me. after about 3 weeks of having it the "R" button became very unresponsive and has still carried on to be. i was just wondering if there are any known ways to cure this or at least make it easier to respond?
§ ~ MATT ~ §

Definitely.

Just carefully open the unit up, and examine the metal fingers that hit the L/R switches. The trick is toslightly bend them with some pliers so they hit the switches better. I had great success doing this with both my old FLU and with my current BLU. My R button had to be pressed very hard to register, now it's very responsive. :)

matt goode posted on Mar 12 2005 at 07:46 PM said:
hi at ive had my gp32 blu+ since christmas and when i got it i noticed that only the "L" button made a clear loud clicking sond, that didnt bother me. after about 3 weeks of having it the "R" button became very unresponsive and has still carried on to be. i was just wondering if there are any known ways to cure this or at least make it easier to respond?
§ ~ MATT ~ §

I had the same problem but it's VERY easy to fix the mechanism is like in mouse button or something like that just open your gp32_console and stick there a small piece of metal, I used empty tuna can :p you have to heat it of course

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot for the replys guys. my screwdriver is a philips head one that seems to fit in the screw perfectly but no matter how much i try it doesnt turn the screws. :eek: am i using the wrong screwdriver or am i jus really weak. :D

matt goode posted on Mar 12 2005 at 09:32 PM said:
thanks a lot for the replys guys. my screwdriver is a philips head one that seems to fit in the screw perfectly but no matter how much i try it doesnt turn the screws. :eek: am i using the wrong screwdriver or am i jus really weak. :D
maybe youre turning it the wrong way, nah LOL
anyways I used a "normal" screwdriver and it was very easy to open it.

[/quote]
[/quote]
im using a cross head (i know thats not the right term) screwdriver and the screws jus dont budge. i really want to open it up so i can see how it all works :blink: but now i cant. ill try and get another screwdriver soon, maybe tommorow

matt goode posted on Mar 12 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
im using a cross head (i know thats not the right term) screwdriver and the screws jus dont budge. i really want to open it up so i can see how it all works  :blink:  but now i cant. ill try and get another screwdriver soon, maybe tommorow

You need a philips screwdriver (PH1 size) and you need to push it down quite hard into the head of the screw otherwise it will keep jumping out as you turn it. But be careful not to push too hard as it could slip and you may end up stabbing yourself with the screwdriver. :rolleyes:

Oh, remember to check you have put everything back in before you screw it back togerther. Otherwise you may find you have a pile of parts sitting next to your non-working GP. :p

Btw: Make sure you are up to the task of doing this, As someone has broken their GP doing the joystick repair mod by cramming too much paper in and cracked the GP32`s screen when screwing it back together. :rolleyes:

I`m not trying to put you off, Just be careful, Especially if you are one of these diy (Do It Yourself) disaster type people.

Trooper

thanks for all the replies, but now i feel really intimidated by the pictures of the sexy thumb and i can tell that i'll just drop all of the parts deep into the gp32. im going to get my dad to do it for me tonight, so that if he breaks it he can buy me a new one :p .

Instead of holding it vertically like he did, set it down sideways on a soft surface, in theory, the parts won't fall in if its done like that.

Blah posted on Mar 13 2005 at 11:01 PM said:
Instead of holding it vertically like he did, set it down sideways on a soft surface, in theory, the parts won't fall in if its done like that.

so i put it so the screens facing the surface?

Back