Upgrading to Multifirmware

animator75

Website
Visit site
Hi!
I was thinking of upgrading firmware but is not sure if I dare. I thought of flashing this multifirmware. Anything I need to look out for? And also I have read about some unlucky people who now have a nice looking but useless piece of plastic :(
Has anyone flashed Multifirmware and can give a short review?
Thanks.

i flashed my gp32 with multifirmware about 2 months ago installation was pretty painless although i did use a power adaptor (buy a gameboy color psu and swap the leads) just remember to back up your fw first it took only a minute or two the best thing i have done to the GP yet but gpcinema refuses to work in all modes the most usefull option is probably using pacrom with its autostartup feature you can set any fxe to autoboot on power up

result brilliant unless you want to use gpcinema

flashing the firmware is 1 of the best things i've done 2. Its only a slight annoyance having to boot into the old firmware to use gpcinema. Though it does help you remember just how bad it is compared to pacrom. Flashing is surprisingly easy though i did go through it on geepee first just so i knew what i was doing

Oh.. I thought you meant that you went through a guide on some website called Geepee ;) Silly me :D

As far as I understand you can use GPcinema if you choose to boot the original firmware wich is part of Multifirmware, am I right??

ive flashed to multifirmware just fine. just put the multifirmware .bin file in the root directory of your SMC then run the firmware flashing program.

Evil_Cartman posted on Aug 22 2003 said:
so... i cant use gpcinema with Multifw?
You can.. You just need to boot into the "original firmware", which is also included in multifirmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back