Us Psp Launch Details

I'm selling my DS to fund one of these, there isn't enough on the DS to keep me occupied.

I'll play some of you online!

junker posted on Feb 5 2005 at 11:51 PM said:
whaaaa?! inferior lcds? on top of the higher prices!? damn you sony! damn damn damn!
and you KNOW the damn the units are gonna be crappy in build overall as well. sony just loves to make crappy consoles overall. and i agree the extra stuff that comes with psp value pack aren't worth it. if i'm going to buy a memory card, i'll get a higher storage one, and i'm sure as hell not going to spend $50 for a bloody cloth and headphones. and a sampler cd should be included w/o extra charge.

still, i'll buy it as soon as it comes(only preorder option is $400 that comes with a game i don't wanna pay for dammit). i'm still looking very forward to it.

Well the screens are dimmer but at least they don't seem to have dead pixels. I hate dead pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:
what no one liked my game case? :p

It does seem that the newer, dimmer LCD's have a much lower incidence of dead pixels... this is from several owners I've talked with on IRC. None of the three friends that I know that now have the newer units have any dead pixels either.

Now if Sony could just stop damaging the front face of the units!!

Every single PSP I've seen so far (five total), and several that people on IRC have bought, have come new out of the box with either scratches or 'dimples/bubbles', or both, on the front face cover of the units. Mine had both... luckily the scratches were usually not visible (only in sunlight) and the couple small dimples were off to the far sides or corners.

Hey I dont know if this was already common knowledge, I hadnt seen any definites on this, regarding playing PSP games over the internet (thru official channels, not using Xlink Kai).

Anyways, I found this interesting article on MSN:

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.a...bsectionid=1585

so apparently this is a feature that will be there right from the get go with a few of the launch titles.

Just thought I'd share that in case anyone didn't know for sure.

Back