Usb Cable Snapped! :(

StalkS

Still Fresh
Website
www.retrovault.com
Grrrrrr! Does anyone know where I can buy another (in Europe ideally)? The stupid proprietary (Samsung) connector has broken on my USB cable and I can no longer charge my Caanoo! I've only had it a couple of weeks and now it is a useless paperweight. For the life of me I cannot find any stockists who have spares. Which idiot at FunGP decided not to use a standard Mini or Micro connector when they designed the Caanoo!?!? They should be fired! Or even better made to listen to Celine Dionne on endless loop until their eyes bleed and they go terminally deaf(Rant Over!)

Any help would be really appreciated!

StalkS

you can try that one :
http://www.gp2x.de/shop/product_info.php/products_id/161

that's the tv out cable, which has also usb plug of course.

Thanks!

I did take a look at that. I was just trying to find a straight usb power alternative. Carrying around all those extra wires just to charge the Caanoo seems a bit excessive. I guess in the end "beggers can't be choosers"! It just seems daft to me that FunGP do not sell the cable as a spare?!?

StalkS said:
Carrying around all those extra wires just to charge the Caanoo seems a bit excessive.

The premade TV out cables come in three seperate parts. The most important one is a duplicate of the stock USB cable with a short two-centimeter RCA jack added, so it's not really any bulkier than than the stock cable. Then there's a simple composite video cable to extend the jack on the main cable. There's also a third cable to extend the headphone jack into a pair of RCA jacks to go along with the video, but the Caanoo speakers are loud enough you probably won't really even need it even for multiplayer.

If you (or a person you know)can solder, you can easily build your own from almost any Samsung/LG 24-pin phone connector by trimming the locking tabs off the plastic and reassigning the pin locations. A Samsung YP-S3-Data Cable has an exact match for the dock connector, it just needs the pins reassigned. It's good to have extras. Or in your case, one..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I found an old cellphone cable from a cellphone that I haven't used in years, so I just use that for my Caanoo. If you hunt around for cellphone cables, you will probably find one that fits the Caanoo. I think my cable was from an LG or Samsung flip-phone. Phone companies have stores and kiosks everywhere, especially in indoor shopping malls. You can usually buy a charger from them.

Back