usb memorypen combined with gp32

TerraNova

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I've got a 128 mb usb memorypen and i was wondering if it's possible to extract data from that usb memorypen to your gp32 :unsure: If so that would be great B)

-Terra

I have a CigarUSB Pro 128MB drive:
back2.jpg

They are 128MB of solid state memory (on a chip) with a built in USB connector. Jabbing them into a USB port shows up as a removable drive under your OS. They work with Windows 2000/XP (98 with downloadable driver) and Mac OS 9/X. I assume the would work under Linux too. :)

I use it to take files to/from work, but it's a pain having to fire up my PC and then copy stuff around, use PC-Link etc to transfer files. :rolleyes:

There would have to be some sort of GP-Link software - doing what PC-Link does but from the GP32 end. There would also have to be a cable to link the pen to the GP32. As they both use male USB connections. :unsure:

So, I'd love this to happen but can't see any way at the moment! :angry:

Even if it was possible and someone was willing to put time in developing and building the cable and software I still doubt the usefullness. After all isn't a 128 SmartMedia card cheaper than a USB pen?

Well, until someone does make something like this, you could consider purchasing a SMC Card Reader, then at work you could just plug it in and copy files directly to the SMC. Same end result, although it does require a new piece of hardware.

Or just bring your cable and GP32 to work (as I do). GP32 is very usefull when going to the toilet as well :D .

There are pros and cons for every approach:

Buy a new SMC: requires an SMC reader.
Buy an SMC reader: requires messing about with another SMC.

Bring your GP32 and cable to work: bulky and i like my GP32 SMC to be used just for GP32 stuff.

;)

Thanks for the reply's guys :) I was just curious since i already have a memory pen and it could be usefull. I don't even have a gp32 yet. I hope the gp32-FLU will be in stock again at gbax soon ;)

VirtuaLeech posted on Apr 29 2003 said:
GP32 is very usefull when going to the toilet as well :D .
Been using the Jpeg viewer? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back