Username display bug?

Prometheus

First off, I'm really sorry for putting this in the "Suggestions for this board" section - it just seemed more appropriate than, say, the "Off Topic Discussions" area, as it seems to be an issue with the forum.

I've noticed that I, and seemingly some other members, seem to have been addressed by other people's usernames in responses a handful of times now.

Is anyone else noticing this? Are usernames being displayed correctly? Is it simply just a freak rash of people misreading usernames, or is it really a bug? :wacko:

(For the record, I'm Prometheus, just as I was/am at GP32X, but I've been called by at least "cosurgi" and "Nat" in the time I've been here, and I've seen others referred to as "ED" when they actually weren't ED as far as I could tell. :p)

I've noticed that and have been wondering about it. Everything seems to work fine for me, though

Everything *seems* to be ok from where I am, too, but then, I can't be 100% sure of that, as it currently at least appears that some things may not be being displayed correctly for whatever reason... So, what I think I see may not be being shown correctly - or something like that. :lol:

I haven't seen any problems like this. could you guys take a screenshot or something?

We aren't even sure if it's a real problem or just confused people, V

craigix said:
Actually, I am. And I'm afraid I haven't received your pandora preorder money yet. Just send it to notascam@aol.com
I didn't think Peter R wanted a Pandora.

Craig, are you sure that's not chad?

:wink: ok folks, no craig was involved in any part of this post.

I have seen people referring to the wrong person; I think it is just human error.

What I have seen at least twice is where people have posted quoting another post, but the quoted post appears later than the one quoting it. Very bizarre.

TaG said:
What I have seen at least twice is where people have posted quoting another post, but the quoted post appears later than the one quoting it.
That's a timestamp issue. The server time was off forthe first day or two. When it was fixed, it threw off the order for a bunch of posts. Everything should be fine now.

Chip said:
TaG said:
What I have seen at least twice is where people have posted quoting another post, but the quoted post appears later than the one quoting it.
That's a timestamp issue. The server time was off forthe first day or two. When it was fixed, it threw off the order for a bunch of posts. Everything should be fine now.
If phpBB were made intelligently it would use the absolute time. Or was it that hte entire server time was off and not just phpBB's interpretation of it?

I don't know where the time error was, but it was definitely there. I noticed it when I first signed up here and, after setting up my time zone, the "It is currently XXXX" at the top of each page was off by about an hour and a half. It stayed that way for at least the first day.

Peter R said:
Chip said:
TaG said:
If phpBB were made intelligently it would use the absolute time. Or was it that hte entire server time was off and not just phpBB's interpretation of it?
of course time is absolute. The problem is that the server time was changed

Back