GP32 Using ADS with GCC Libs??

Daz_Genetic

Certified Guru
Website
www.dazos.com
I recently flashed my GP32 to use the latest European firmware, but in doing so, all my programs no longer run for more than a second without resetting the GP32 hardware.

I heard this could be fixed by using GCC libs with ADS. I tried this, but when I click make, it compiles fine, but freezes the whole program when it's trying to link.

Anyone had this problem? Anyone?......... :(

I have heard of this problem before.. for example from some French coders. Mail me one of your GXB/FXE files that crash and I'll take a look at it. I have some thoughts that might cause this crash but I need some real data to check. This might be something that could/should be fixed in some future MultiFW version. :blink:

That's the thing.. It won't cause a crash in other firmwares.. I am now using MultiFW and it runs all the programs I throw at it.

Basically, I was only getting crashes using the European Firmware, and only with programs I had compiled with the ADS libs.

Another strange thing is that a version of my program that was already on the SMC since before flashing worked fine, but crashed when I re-uploaded the same file to the SMC using the euro firmware.

I recommend no-one use that firmware..

Still.. could I get a copy of a program that crashes? I don't have ADS and not too much time (nowadays) to try out things just for fun of trying (sigh... it sad :( ). I'd like to fix the problem just because of the sake of slapping the original FW :D

Back