Very N00bish Question

skate2live92

Hey, i warned you twice that this is a n00b question, but anyway, if you were to use a usb gamepad/controller that ran on batteries (because the USB port in the 2X isnt selfpowered) would it be possible to plug it in, and use it as a controller while the GP2X is plugged into a tv?
I know that there would need to be some kind of software written to configure it, but if there is it should work right?

Would most likely depend on the pad, most of them require drivers, well, especially USB pads... the really old ones that used the "game" port that some sound cards still come with didnt... but umm it *might* be possible... depends on the availability of drivers code...

xafier posted on Oct 5 2005 at 08:53 AM said:
Would most likely depend on the pad, most of them require drivers, well, especially USB pads... the really old ones that used the "game" port that some sound cards still come with didnt... but umm it *might* be possible... depends on the availability of drivers code...
ya. i was thinking about that too. would be very interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. If it works on linux. It would be possible, otherwise, souldn't be hard to find drivers/make drivers.

Driver for the most part aren't the problem. Most USB gamepads are HID compliant so as long as your kernel has HID support your set. As for the power question, nobody will really know for sure till the hardware is out.

Back